Chapter 25

Only a few months later Emma was tending some herbs in her window box when she saw Jeremy coming down the path.

"Papa wants you, the twins, and David to come to Nampara tomorrow." Jeremy said.
Emma was perplexed, but she and David got back to Nampara the following day.
"Hello Emma." Said Demelza, giving Emma a kiss on the cheek.
"Demelza! Why did Jeremy tell me to come here?"
"Ross here has something he wan you." Demelza replied.
Emma looked at her guardian, confused.

She had aged so much since the last time Emma saw her. Time and loss had taken its toll. He had gotten tallerw stronger even. Tears stung Emma's eyes. She could hardly say the words.
"Mother? Joshua?" She blinked the tears away.
"Yes, Emma. We've found you at last." Her mother said.
Emma rushed into her mother's arms and began to cry. She felt her brother put his hand on her back. All she could say was "I've found you."
"What happened to Father?" Emma asked when her tears of joy had faded.
"Your father passed when he was in debtor's prison." Emma's mother said softly. "It was two years after Mary died."
"Crawley said you were working to pay off the debts. If we had only known what he tried to do to you." Joshua's face flushed with anger.
Emma put her hand on his arm.
"I am fine. I've been better now that I have a family again." She said, leaning close to her mother.

Emma and Joshua both lost control and began to sob. Emma's mother finally found the strength to say, "Forgive me."
Emm looked her in the eyes.
"There isn't anything to forgive. You did not have a choice when you sent me to work at the manor. " Emma replied.
Emma held her mother tight throughout the rest of the day. The joy in Emma's heart had brought her peace.

"Emma, now that we have found you, we must tell you; your brother and I are leaving Cornwall." Marian said. Emma was quiet for a long time.

"I'm sorry mother, but my family is here. " Emma finally responded. "I am very happy there."

"We are so glad you have found happiness," Joshua said.
Emma had found happiness. She found it because Ross promised to keep her safe and find her family. She found it with the Poldark family and with David.
She had found all that she ever hoped and dreamed for.
And she will continue to find more as she lives her life.

THE END