Red Herring pt. 2 - Mammon

A/n: Is this really my 100th post? :0

◦•●◉✿ ᶜʰᶦᶜᵏᵉⁿ ⁿᵘᵍᵍᶦᵉˢ ✿◉●•◦

"I just don't get it...one day everything is fine and then the next..." You sniffled.

"He's an absolute pain to deal with? I understand, Y/n..." Lucifer ran his hand up and down your arm.

You laid your head on Lucifer's chest as he did his best to comfort you. It was rare for you to reach out to the brothers whenever you were crying or in hurt. But when it did happen, they would drop whatever they were doing to help you out.

"I just want to know what I did that pissed him off so much..." You quietly spoke.

"This is going to sound ridiculous, but I believe that Mammon's intention wasn't to upset you." Lucifer said.

Lucifer himself had trouble wrapping his head around why Mammon would say those things about you. He was well aware of Mammon's tsundere behavior, but even then it felt like he was too harsh.

"What do you mean..?" You frowned.

"For starters, you're a compassionate and kind person. Your presence alone brings a sense of peace to us. Nothing Mammon said about you sounds like you. It seems like the idiot was just running his mouth again." Lucifer gently wiped your tears.

"Besides, Mammon isn't exactly the type to hate someone. Even if he did hate someone, it certainly wouldn't be you. I suppose that's one thing that makes him cute." Lucifer said with amusement in his eyes.

"You think so..?" You still felt a bit skeptical about this whole ordeal. But you really wanted to believe that Mammon didn't mean to be rude.

"I do. Actually, I don't think there is anyone out there that could hate you." Lucifer said.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that..." You said.

"Hm? You're telling me there are demons out there who hate you?" Lucifer looked surprised.

"W-Well uh..."

"Give me names and I'll take care of them." Lucifer said.

You couldn't help but laugh. It was cute how protective Lucifer was being. He chuckled a bit, happy that his attempts to make you smile were working.

"Thanks for listening to me, Lucifer...and I'm sorry for barging in so suddenly..." You apologized.

"Don't worry about that now, I understand you were distraught. If you ever feel like that again or just need someone to talk to, don't ever hesitate to tell me. I'll be right here waiting." Lucifer placed a friendly kiss on your forehead.

"But please, at least knock once next time." Lucifer warned.

***

"So let me get this straight...you managed to piss off Y/n so much that they used their pact on you?" Satan raised a brow.

"H-How many times do I have to repeat it for ya, huh?! I didn't mean to!" Mammon snapped.

The younger brothers were all surrounding Mammon, who was still sitting where you left him. The only reason why they found Mammon there was because Beel tripped over him. Both were fine, thankfully.

"Do you think Y/n's gonna be mad at me too...?" Levi looked like he was going to faint.

"Considering it was your question that started all of this, I'd say there's a good chance they are." Belphie answered.