chapter seventy-nine

season two ; episode ten { Coastal Venture }
chapter seventy-nine

season two ; episode ten { Coastal Venture }chapter seventy-nine

JJ MAYBANK DIDN'T FALL IN LOVE UNTIL HE MET BROOKLYN ROUTLEDGE. He was always a flirt from a young age. He and Brooklyn used to past notes in class or sneak out to smoke weed and laugh about the past. They'd fall asleep late at night after talking for hours, wake up in each other's arms. They'd head down to the beach to surf and swim and piss each other off until the sun rose.

They'd end up falling in love.

JJ's perfect love story. He still thinks about their first kiss and how he was too scared to make the first move even if he was so desperate to kiss her before. He still thinks about how she held him in the hot tub after what his father had done, how she listened to him when he cried and complained for hours. He still smiled at the memories, the photos of them on his phone that had now been washed away into the water. Thinking about her laugh and her smile in this moment made the tears only fall harder.

He kicked his feet in the water as he held onto the love of his life, clung onto her and begged her to open those gorgeous eyes of hers so he could just see her. He wasn't letting this be the end of his love story because he was meant to have a real wedding with her, he was meant to hold her for the rest of his life, to love and cherish her forever, to have kids with and grow old with. She was the person he was meant to do all those great things with.

This isn't how it ends.

Never had JJ ever cried over a girl, never in his life had he cried so hard in his life, not even when his dad hurt him in such horrific ways, not even when he thought his life was falling apart. He was holding onto her so tightly that he was scared of hurting her even more than she already was.

She laid lifeless in his arms, mouth agape and her body weak, unable to move. JJ could hardly tell if the blood was still pouring out or if she was even alive to hear him but he didn't stop screaming, "Brooke! Bee, stay with me. Bee, please. Please!"

God, he wouldn't stop begging. He would beg and beg until his throat ached, until he couldn't find anymore words. He would beg God until this girl opened her eyes and was safe. He wasn't letting her go, never in his life.

He loves her too much to do that.

"Brooklyn! Please, stay with me!" he yelled so loud that he prayed John B or someone could hear him.

He was scared to see how John B would react. How he would react to seeing his little sister laid in his arms while he screamed and begged for her to wake up. He knew it would hurt him, he would probably be pissed at JJ for not protecting her. No one was more mad at JJ than himself, if he had seen the bullet, he would've jumped in front