40• Everybody knows • 40

I got in the car and found Harry looking at me expectantly

I got in the car and found Harry looking at me expectantly. "What the fuck was that?" He said, looking at me sternly.

I looked right back at him. "Karma."

"Karma? Seriously? For hitting you? Our parents could have done something about that like I said. You didn't need to do that. We're dead."

"It's fine. Jack deserves way more than me damaging the paint work on his stupidly over priced car. He deserved me taking it for a drive and driving it off a cliff. He got off lightly."

Harry's eyes swirled with confusion as he tried to read me. "What's this about? What even happened between you two back there?"

I rolled my eyes, "It's nothing. Jack is a dick. I've told you what I think of him. I don't like him and now he knows it."

Harry's eyebrows furrowed together. "Why? Why do you hate him so much?"

I sighed. "It's complicated."

"I'm not driving anywhere until you tell me." Harry stated. "Come on, I think I've made it pretty clear I'm on your side tonight. You can tell me what's going on. You can tell me anything."

I bit my lip and looked at him. His eyes were analysing me for any shred of evidence of what happened. I'd had so many chances to tell him why I hated Jack so much. I had so many opportunities to explain how I felt about him and how he made me feel, but every time, I always thought Jack was their friend. Jack was probably Sebastian's best friend besides Freya. Why would they listen or understand what I had to say about him?

Yet, Harry had been there for me tonight. I knew he wasn't completely Jack's biggest fan, but Jack was their friend before they were my stepbrothers. However, tonight it seemed Harry really did see me as his sister and he really seemed to care for me more than protecting his friendship with Jack.

I took a deep breath. "It's about Alice." I admitted, looking to Harry.

Harry looked confused. "Alice? What does she have to do with Jack?"

"Alice is connected to Kiera and Kiera is connected to Jack. It's a domino effect."

"You mean you think Jack had something to do with Keira and Alice's death?"

I nodded. "I'm pretty sure." I admitted, looking out the window at the empty street. Alice had left a party just like the one we had tonight, but unlike us she wasn't going to get home safe.

"Jason Thornton, my friend Taylor's brother, told me he saw Jack and Kiera leave his party. Keira was pretty drunk apparently and I guess the newspapers confirmed that, but they left out Jack. Jack and Keira were arguing and apparently he was pretty sober, but he still let her get in the drivers seat. Something was bound to happen, she was drunk and arguing with the person in the passenger seat."

I paused and looked at Harry. He was staring out of the windscreen, looking into nothing as I told him about my version of events from the night my sister died.