Chapter 8 - See You When You Get Back

Word Count :  3226

I was walking home with Tohru, Uotani and Hanajima. It was finally winter break and New Year's was fast approaching.

"Man, it's cold." Uotani complains.

"It's been another year of many changes." Hanajima states.

"Definitely."

"I'm really happy I met you all." I tell them, smiling. It hurts to smile so much this time of year.

"Me too." Tohru agrees

"Are you going to your grandpa's place for New Year's?" Uotani asks.

"I was planning to, but he said the family was going to Hawaii this year." Tohru answers.

"Hawaii?"

"Apparently they had money left over from their remodeling budget." She explained.

"What, they think they're too good to watch Kohaku on Tv like the rest of us?"

"Will you be staying at Shigure's house, then?" Hanajima asks.

"I think so, but I haven't had the courage to ask." She mumbles.

"Knowing him he won't mind." I told her.

"So you don't even know what you're doing yet?" Uotani says

"I guess not." She replies

"Whanna come to my place? It's small, but not too small to squeeze you in." Uotani offers.

"You're welcome in my home, too, of course." Hanajima adds.

"Oh no! I couldn't impose on you for the whole winter break." she says panicking.

"Hey, if you're uncomfortable staying at someone else's place, the four of us could see the New

year in a tent." Uotani suggest

"Yes, beginning the year with a camping trip has a certain appeal." Hanajima agrees.

"I've never been camping but it sounds like fun." I say.

"I'm alright. Please, let your families spend time with you." Tohru says starting to walk faster "Oops, it's gotten late. Let's hurry home!" She says running off. I quickly started running after her since we were supposed to walk home together.

"Tohru, wait for me!"

---

The next day was cleaning day. Kyo, Yuki and I worked on the doors since they had holes in them. It was getting colder so they were becoming a problem.

"Why do we even have to replace these? Who cares about a little hole or two?" Kyo complains, putting part of the door in its place.

"Shut up and work, you're the reason for the holes in the first place." Yuki tells him

"Why do we have to be related?" Kyo grumbles

"Guys stop arguing and try not to complain." I told them, l pointed to Tohru who was washing the floors and humming. "See Tohru is enjoying it."

"Is New Year's cleaning really that much fun to you?" Kyo asks her as she runs by him.

"Yes! Getting to clean the house with all of you is like a dream." She smiles.

What a strange dream.

Shigure carries many books out of his work space and places them on the floor complaining. "Books are heavier than you'd think. It's a shame to get rid of them, but I'll get yelled at if I ship them to the main house."