02.6

[act two; chapter six     -     luke]

"Eliza."

The curly haired girl groaned as she turned her head and rolled onto her side. Her eyes widened at the sight of her girlfriend standing just feet from her bed. The girl immediately scrambled out of her bed and pulled the red headed girl outside, shutting the cabin door quietly.

"What are you doing? Are you trying to get in trouble?"

"No, no." Andromeda shook her head. "I- I just have something I have to do. I'll be gone for a few days, that's it. I promise."

"It's him again."

"What?"

"Percy. It's always him, you always leave for him."

"What- Eliza, what are you talking about?"

The girl rolled her eyes, "You and risking your life, having to go and do all this crazy shit for him!"

Andromeda scoffed, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean how you always help him and Annabeth and Grover! How you so badly want to be the hero, the one everyone remembers and salutes after your showcase of bravery! You want to be the best Andromeda, you want everyone to know your name and what you've accomplished! You want to be this brave, go lucky, Greek hero!"

"No I don't!"

The curly haired girl flinched at Andromeda's tone, her eyes lighting up with a sudden dark purple. "I don't want to be some Greek hero. I don't want everyone to know who I am or what I've done. I don't want fame or power, I just want to live!" She took a threading step forward subconsciously, her hands balling into fists as her chest lit with anger. "If that's what you believe, go ahead Elizabeth. I came here to tell you I'm leaving to help save the camp, so that maybe I'll get to live to be fourteen. But it's not like you really care. I just wanted you to know, but I guess you just want to complain about how not all of the attention is on you. So when you feel all alone and sad, don't expect me to coddle you when I get back."