Chapter Sixty Nine - Dane

Dane ~

Tyson and I were supporting Kinsley's weight as we helped her out of the bathroom.

I wanted to get her home as quickly as possible, but my need to find and punish whoever did this to her was overpowering and all consuming.

Vincent was coming out of the adjacent bathroom, nearly running into us in the process, but before I could react, Tyson lunged for him, pinning Vincent against the wall by the throat.

"I swear to God, if you had anything to do with this, I'm gonna fucking kill you." Tyson seethed through gritted teeth as Vincent fought against Tyson's strong grip.

"You think I'd be stupid enough to fuck with your woman right in front of you, like I don't know who you are?" Vincent grunted and strained, clawing at Tyson's hand.

He does have a point. If it was him, he would have been long gone by now, knowing he'd be the prime suspect. Maybe Vincent is innocent.

Tyson loosened his grip on Vincent's throat, but kept a close eye on him with a deep scowl on his face.

"Is Adriana okay?" Kinsley asked in a small voice that cracked my heart down the middle.

"She's okay and washing her face. I was going to take her back to her place after I beat some answers out of the bartender." Vincent said, shooting a look at Tyson and myself, trying to gain our trust and approval

Tyson was furious and sizing Vincent up, judging his every move, word and facial expression. Looking over his shoulder at me, Tyson met my gaze and dropped his eyes down to Kinsley's exhausted body that was tucked under my arm.

"Follow me." Tyson growled at Vincent, heading toward the bar.

Every part of me wanted to follow them - wanted to fall in step and beat the bartender senseless for fucking with our girl, but I couldn't. I was in charge of some precious cargo and that was more important at the moment.

Planting my hand on the bathroom door, I propped it open and called out for Adriana.

"Everything okay sweetheart?" I yelled loudly into the bathroom.

"I'm okay." Adriana groaned as she came around the corner slowly.

The sight of the girls in such bad shape set my blood on fire, but I needed to stay calm for them.

"Come here." I said, raising my other arm so Adriana could nestle herself on my other side.

With both girls secured beneath my arms, I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that they were going to be okay despite the fact that they were scared and exhausted. Making our way across the crowded bar, I weaved and maneuvered both women through the crowd, shielding them from misplaced elbows and bodies as we made our way toward Tyson and Vincent.

"Lucas already has the bartender in the alley out back." Tyson quickly informed me. "Said he admitted to putting shit in the girls drinks."

"Motherfucker." I bit out through gritted teeth.

"Why? Who is he?" Kinsley whimpered, trying to understand what was happening.

A never ending spiral of revenge and violence, Kins. That's what this is...that's what you've signed up for by being with us.

"This is part of it, Kinsley...Someone is always out to hurt the families by hurting what they love most." Adriana quickly added, knowing full well what this life of ours entailed.

I hate that you're so used to this shit Adriana.

Kinsley took in a deep breath and I felt her shudder beneath my arm, nestling up against my side a little tighter as she came to terms with the fact that this wasn't the first time and probably wouldn't be the last time that she would be targeted.