I 43 I

☂ the apocalypse is in a day ☂ 

A loud ringing sound echoes inside my ear drums and I can almost hear my heart beating out of my chest. Pain spreads through my back as I try to move. 

'Y/n! Y/n!' Five's voice yells in the background of the chaos. 'Help me!' 

I can feel myself being lifted in the air by someone, but I can't tell who. A steady rattling takes over my brain and i drift in and out of consciousness. I can't remember falling asleep, but when I wake up, I'm laying on a hospital bed...or something?

'Y/n, how do you feel?' A gentle feminine voice asks. 'Are you feeling better?' I feel a cold cloth being pressed against my forehead by gentle hands and my eyes flicker open. 

Five's sitting in a chair beside my bed, rocking back on it, and a familiar figure is smiling at me. Mom. 

'What happened?' I whisper, my voice sounding strange and faraway. 'Where's Alison? Where's...Vanya?' 

'Vanya attacked you,' A muscle moves in Five's jaw. 'She attacked Alison too.' He says grimly. 

'Where are they?' I repeat. 'Is Vanya here?' 

'No,' Five shakes his head. 'She's gone. We haven't found her yet. And as for Alison-' 

My blood goes cold. 'Is she alright?' 

'In a manner of speaking,' Five says quietly. I try to sit up, wincing. 'You need to rest.' Five says gently. 'Alison will be fine.' 

The ringing in my ears returns and the faint yelling resonates through my ears. A slash of a sword, or something sharp, and so much blood. Flying against the hard wooden wall. 

'It's not Vanya's fault,' I gasp. 'She has powers, that Dad hid from her. From all of us.' 

'I know,' Five says, glancing away. 'I saw the files.' 

'All of them?' I ask, sucking in a breath. 

'Yes,' Five nods. 'I saw the ones about you and her. About what you two can do together.' 

'And...' I trail off. Mom sits back in her chair.  

'You should get some more sleep,' Mom hums softly, 'You broke two of  your ribs as well as a very nasty concussion.' 

I close my eyes for a few seconds. 'First tell me how Alison is.' 

'She's got some pretty serious injuries,' Five sighs. 'I won't sugar coat it for you. But the important thing is that she's still alive.' 

'Still?' I raise my eyebrows. 'She could die?' 

'She's stable now,' Luther says gruffly, entering the room. 'Why the hell did you go in by yourself?' He slams his fist against the wall. 'Jesus, Y/n.' 

'Luther, get out,' Five glares at him. 'Are you that insensitive?' 

'What she did almost got Alison killed,' Luther's jaw sets. 'We both saw the same thing.' 

'It's not her fault,' Five says loudly. 'Y/n had nothing to do with it.' 

'This isn't about fault,' Luther mutters. 'This is about what the both of them are capable of.' 

'I know...' I say quietly. 'But I wouldn't use my powers like that.' 

'What do you think causes the apocalypse?' Luther asks, his eyebrows creasing together. 

I go silent. 

'What did you just say?'