5. Spiders..2

I let out a low groan as I pressed myself into the ground for support. At this point, I had started to run out of energy, and my legs wanted to give out from all the movement they'd been doing. But I didn't give up and take it. I sat up and pushed myself off the ground, soon beginning to sprint once more. Taking caution, I silenced my footsteps as I approached the scent of blood, soon hopping into a tree and halting my movements. It was time to catch my breath, and watch the scene play out below me.

My eyes widened at the images I saw in front of me. Tanjiro was performing many twists and turns in pursuit of a demon who held thin threads in his hands. Nezuko, who had been strung up by less strong threads, held up her hand and set something off with her blood. Her blood soon began to spark up and explode, causing my pupils to expand at the beautiful sight before me. I had a new stimulus in front of me, and it was enchanting. I let out a small gasp as I watched Nezuko begin to plummet to the ground, while Tanjiro sliced the demons head off. Leaping forwards, I slid underneath Nezuko, allowing her body to lay on top of my own. 

I let out a relieved sigh and looked towards Tanjiro, who had began to crawl towards us. Sitting up, I placed Nezuko beside me, and sat on my knees, reaching out for Tanjiro's hand. I got a sudden shiver down my spine, watching as the demon stood up in front of me, with it's head strung up by a few threads beside it's body. "If you thought you could remove my head with that disheveled sword of yours, you'd be dead wrong." He spoke in a shakily enraged tone. 

I pulled Tanjiro towards me quickly, and urgently stood up in front of him and Nezuko, getting into a fighting stance with my "fangs" bared. Although me knees had been shaky and kind of weak, I still had my own skills that required arm strength. "And who are you? Don't interfere with whats going on. I'm not in the mood now." He said with wide eyes. I shook my head and pulled my bamboo flute out, soon beginning to play a bunch of rapid and quickly paced notes. 

If my theory is correct, then playing sharp and high pitched notes would be more of an attacking method, while slow, soft, or soothing notes would have more of a healing affect. With this newly learned information, I targeted my attacks toward the demon in front of me. Sharp rays of crimson red flew into him. His attempts to "cut" my attacks were futile, considering the abilities I have, (that I know of), were either air, or mist-like. He let out a small whimper as he just barely managed to dodge it, but still left with an evident scratch in his side. 

I turned my head to look over and the two behind me, noticing that Nezuko had been passed out, and Tanjiro held her close while leaning behind me for protection. "I wouldn't doubt my abilities simply due to the fact that you don't know me, or haven't heard of me. My name is (YN), remember it well." I grinned before turning back around and being pushed away back into a tree. The force of the push was the worst thing that could have possibly happened to me. Spitting out blood from impact, I breathed heavily as I pressed my bamboo flute up to my lips, and began to play the soothing notes that could partially heal my acquaintances wounds, and allow me to absorb their blood. 

My face grew slightly less pale as I felt more energized after taking away their blood. I heard the sound of muffled frantic yelling, and the sound of a harsh breeze flowing through the leaves up above. I stood up, and let out a sigh as my ears picked up the sound of a clean slice. It would have been almost silent if it weren't for MY sense of hearing, and the air that surrounded the blade, making a 'swoosh' sound. I heard a small thud, and saw the demon's head beginning to fade away on the ground. My eyes widened as I sensed the sorrow and guilt in his passing moments. 

Before long, I had began running over to everyone, wanting to be sure I gave him even a small bit of closure in the afterlife. I saw a man with black hair come into my field of vision, and his eyes widened as he saw me. He pulled out his blade and prepared to cut my head off. Before any of that could actually happen, I slid on the ground beside Tanjiro and Nezuko, soon placing my hand against the demon's headless body. Tanjiro had done the same. Its kind of funny, a Demon like me, having sympathy for a demon who has caused the murders of many, and a Demon slayer doing the same. 

I heard a wavered sigh come from beside me as I rubbed my hand against the demon's withering back, also collecting some of its ashes. I looked towards the source of the sigh, and my eyes widened as I saw the black-haired man standing beside me, with his blade nearly pressed against the back of my neck. "A-ah. Right...um.." I started off. I hesitantly grabbed the tip of his sword and gently pushed away from my neck. "Sorry to worry you. My name is (YN), and i'm a friendly acquaintance of Tanjiro's. As well as Nezuko, and two others." I stood up and bowed in front of him. 

He soon slapped me on the back of the head, causing me to perk up and deadpan at him. "..." "..."   ...... "You don't just go ahead and expose yourself to an obvious enemy like that. Do you understand how easy it would be for me to chop your head off with your neck exposed to me while you bent over!?" He let out in an aggravated tone. "Ugh! Jeez dude I was being nice so you knew I wasn't a threat to you or anyone else! Exposing myself is just a part of that! If I do so, people will think 'Oh, this person's an idiot! There's no way they're a threat exposing themselves like that! ha!' Or something!" I teasingly shouted at him. 

He sighed, and pressed his hand up against his face before looking me in the eyes. "Alright fine, sure, whatever. Just, alert people of your presence. You could tell I was a Demon slayer from a mile away, and it's obvious I don't know you. I obviously see you as a threat to me when you're a random demon that's approaching wounded people at a quick pace." He spoke gently. I nodded and took in what he stated, marking that down on my brain. "Alright alright. My bad.." I sighed before my eyes widened. I looked towards Tanjiro and Nezuko, quickly giving them a brief check too see if there was any completely serious injuries. There was nothing that I could see with my naked eye...I'm glad..

*To be continued..*