Vah Naboris

After having parted ways with Tanis, who had returned back to his home in Kakariko Village, Link returned to Gerudo Town, the Thunder Helm safely in his inventory. After teleporting to the shrine in front of the town, and changing into his Gerudo vai dress, all while making sure no one was looking as he did so. He then headed inside to the Gerudo chief's palace. The sun was finally peaking over the horizon, as its warmth greeted the town.

Walking through the main entrance, he entered the throne, to Buliara's surprise. Riju however, was nowhere in the room.

"I see you have succeeded then, so I have been proven wrong. If you are looking for Lady Riju, she's on the second floor. Normally, people aren't allowed into her sleeping quarters, but she has given you permission it seems." the Gerudo captain explained, "Be on your best on your best manners. If she deems you to be a disturbance to her, it will not end well for you!"

She punctuated the last sentence with a strike to the ground with her golden claymore. Nodding, Link headed up to the second floor where Riju was.

The young chief was standing on the balcony of the second floor, staring out into the desert and at the gigantic storm in the distance, and watching the movements of the Divine Beast inside it. Hearing Link approach, she turned to see. Her face immediately filled with relief when she saw him with the Thunderhelm in his hands.

"I've been waiting for you. Oh you needn't say a word. I knew it even before I saw you walk up here that you did it. As chief of the Gerudo, I can sense the power of the heirloom flowing through it. I know that you've succeeded!" she said happily. Her tone then changed to a more serious one. "I am, as you have no doubt noticed, still but a child. The people look upon me with nothing but warmth in their eyes, but even this brings me some pain, I must admit... I've tried so hard to be worthy of their love, to be a worthy chief... and to prove to myself that I was worthy too, just like my mother. When I lost her and the heirloom was stolen, I felt as though a shadow had fallen over me... I just wanted to make her proud..."

She looked back at Link, and smiled a little.

"Yes, your arrival in the midst of all this must be the work of Lady Urbosa... Now please, give me the helm."

Saying nothing, Link handed the golden heirloom to her. Riju slowly lowered the helm onto her head. The thing was a bit too large for her, and shoke around as she put it on, the visor covering up her eyes.

"Um... How do I look?"

Link squinted his eyes as he looked at her. Seeing her wearing it gave him a sense of deja-vu, that he had seen it before, somewhere a long time ago. His eyes suddenly went wide as he began to remember...

Flashback

Divine Beast Vah Naboris was silently standing in the cold sands of the desert, peacefully standing guard over the town nearby. The moon's silvery light allowed a breathtaking view from above.

Sightseeing, however, was not on Link's mind at the moment. He had finally managed to locate where the princess was. She had been even colder to her personal knight now, ever since her outburst while back in Tabantha, doing her best to get away from him whenever the opportunity presented itself. He had woken up the morning before to discover she had got up early and snuck away from him, and he had spent the entire day searching for her.

After the fruitless search, he finally figured out where she was, and made his way there, shaking off the exhaustion he felt and keeping any trace of it off his face.