fifteen.

chapter fifteen

[ season 2 | episode 8 ][ raving ]

[ raving ]

               SITTING IN THE SILENCE OF THE VET CLINIC, Marley picked at her nails. She sat across from Scott, who was staring down at his hands as he fiddled with two of his fingers.

Her body was still high off the adrenaline from yesterday, her limbs unable to sit still for longer than two seconds before she began to shuffle around. That buzz crackled like energy inside of her veins, making her skin itch with an insatiable restlessness. Across the room, she could feel the nerves radiating off Scott, too.

Her brown eyes looked over at him, watching him bounce his leg on the floor and play with his hands. She tried to focus on the clock, counting every second as that thin hand ticked by. Marley even began to count her own strands of hair, silently cursing the world every time she accidentally lost count.

It hadn't even been thirty minutes since the two arrived, receiving Derek's text just seconds before. They'd been watching Jackson, following him to the line of a rave and watching him buy a ticket. Matt was there. The more she processed Stiles' theory, the more it made sense. For some reason, the supposedly human boy was always involved somehow.

But she refused to admit that Stiles Stilinski had a point. Whether it was the grip that pride held on her neck or the smug look she could imagine on Stiles' face, she refused to admit that he could be anything close to right.

And, according to Stiles' phone call not too long ago, all of the victims were twenty-four. All of them were in the same class. All of them, minus Lahey, shared a teacher. Mr. Harris. And Camden Lahey, Isaac's deceased older brother, happened to be one of the kids in that class. Perhaps Jackson's master took their father instead. 

Her head shot up as she heard the smooth engine of Derek's Camaro roll into the parking lot, it's purr distinguishable against the onslaught of cars roaring down the street. As her and Scott watched him, along with one of his betas—the worst one, walk up, the latter moved to unlock the doors.

"What's he doing here?" She could hear the distaste in Scott's voice, admitting to the same feeling swirling around her chest. Both of them looked over the pair, watching Derek frown and Isaac put on a sarcastic smirk.

          The alpha walked further into the veterinary clinic, studying the sterile and clean environment with his usual judgemental and beady eyes. "I need him."

Scott's near black eyes rolled in his head before sharing a look with the lone girl, who stood with her back lazily leaned against the white wall. "I don't trust him." Marley couldn't stop herself from tipping her head in agreement.