✾𝟮𝟬✾

tw : blood (don't force yourself if you don't like blood)

It was the best night in y/n's life. The night that Tanjiro had confess to y/n was the best night in her life. They both held each other's hands as they walked back to the hut. They both were smiling and laughing as Urokodaki peaked from one eye to see what was all the commotion about. He could smell the love in the air as the couple came closer. "Congrats," Urokodaki said peacefully. 

Y/n looked at him oddly. "For what?" Y/n asked. 

"For getting together," Urokodaki said. Y/n blushed as Tanjiro just gave a polite nod. "Thank you, Mr. Urokodaki," Tanjiro grinned brightly. "It's getting late you two, go ahead and sleep," Urokodaki said as he breathed in the breezy air as Y/n looked at Tanjiro before dragging him towards her room. Tanjiro looked at his girlfriend with a small soft smile before they both took off their sandals before Y/n continue to drag Tanjiro to her room. 

"Tanjiro... do you-- do you want to you know... --" Y/n said nervously with red cheeks. She had cuddled and held Tanjiro a lot of times back then, but this time it'd be as a couple. 

Tanjiro blushed. "I-I--Is it okay for you? Will you be comfortable?" Tanjiro asked. Y/n nodded before looking away. There was a rather awkward aura around them before Tanjiro sighed softly and took her hands in his before preparing the futons for them to lie down in. Tanjiro went in first as he untied his ponytail, letting his long red hair fell on his shoulders. 

Y/n gawked at how handsome he looked, a red blush adorned her features as she breathe in to keep calm and collected before she slipped in under the blanket, turning off the light. However, strips of moonlight shone through the window. Y/n faced Tanjiro's chest as her blush reddened. Tanjiro just smiled and admired her features. Her twinkling e/c eyes, her soft lips, and her beautiful flowing hair.

[ for the ones who have no hair  (you're still gorgeous as ever): Y/n faced Tanjiro's chest as her blush reddened. Tanjiro just smiled and admired her features. Her twinkling e/c eyes, her soft lips, and her soft and kind features. She looked absolutely gorgeous. ] 

Tanjiro kissed the top of her head as she sighed in happiness. Y/n buried her face in his chest as she wrapped her arms around him tightly, Tanjiro nuzzled his face on her head. 

Tanjiro and Y/n decided to descend to the mountains this night. Y/n brought her wooden sword as  Tanjiro didn't bring any of the swords, he was planning to just improve his speed. 

They both wore their sandals and waved goodbye towards Urokodaki. "Let's go, Y/n," Tanjiro smiled before Y/n looked at him and nodded. They both started walking away towards the trail that leads towards the mountains. 

As they were walking, leafs were crunching under their weight, the moon was shining brightly. The wind was punching everything in its way roughly as Y/n and Tanjiro's haori was dancing furiously with the wind. They both made it up to the top before Tanjiro smelled an unfamiliar scent from the rustling bushes that were being beaten by the rough wind. 

"Y/n.." he trailed off. "There's something in the bushes, watch out," Tanjiro warned. Y/n looked at Tanjiro. "Tanjiro, don't think much of it, it may just be an animal," Y/n said. Tanjiro gulped as his eyes widened. A man with green skin and elf-like ears with disgusting oily black hair that grew over his waist. He was wearing nothing except for black pants and he had yellow eyes and gnarly sharp teeth. 

"A girl," the demon licked his lips. Tanjiro froze before he placed a protective arm before y/n. "Don't you dare touch her," Tanjiro said with a cold glare. Y/n looked at the demon before she furrowed her eyebrows. The demon laughed maniacally. "And what is a weak boy like you going to do?" the demon asked. 

Tanjiro's body tensed. He never knew he would meet a demon in the mountains, he had no iron sword, no defence. Y/n then grabbed Tanjiro's arms. "The only right thing to do, is run," she hissed before she gripped him by the arm tightly and run towards the woods. The demon sighed before he did some small exercise before running twice the speed of them both. Y/n and Tanjiro ran as fast as they could, before the demon run and kicked Tanjiro from his back, Tanjiro was flying towards empty space, close to a cliff, eyes widened. One more kick and he would've been falling off the cliff to the unknown. The demon landed in front of him. 

"I wouldn't mind having a boy as my dinner too," the demon smirked. Y/n's eyes widened. There's no way she would let anyone eat her boyfriend. Without thinking, Y/n charged at the demon with full speed, hugging the demon by the waist, pushing him off the cliff. Tanjiro's eyes widened even more in fear as he reached for Y/n but Y/n was too far off his reach. Tanjiro screamed for Y/n. Y/n let go of the cursing demon. Y/n breathed slowly as she propped her wooden sword. 

"Form four, Thorns of Roses!" Y/n exclaimed, and with a battle cry, she managed to strike on the demon's chest, then, thorns came shooting out of the demon, ripping it to a hundred pieces as blood as red as wine came shooting out. The demon screeched in pain before the thorns and the demons disappear. Y/n slowly closed her eyes as her lungs struggled to breath. 

Her grip on the wooden sword loosened as she clashed into the water. Tanjiro's eyes formed tears as it gently fell of his handsome face. He felt heartbroken and in pain. Just as he found happiness, life takes it all away from him. He wished he could've protected her. He wish he could've be the one falling towards his death and not her. He let out a pained scream as it echoes through the woods and rippled the water, the birds flew away as he kneeled down in regret, as he let out sobs after sobs. He had lost the girl of her dreams, his best friend, and his loved one. His heart broke into a million pieces as his maroon eyes were shut tightly. Pain is the only word that could ever describe that day. 

[ notes ] : 

- thank you, ruby, for the suggestion for this chapter. i really enjoyed making this! i hope you all enjoyed it, have a great day and night :)

 i really enjoyed making this! i hope you all enjoyed it, have a great day and night :)