chapter eighty-one

season two ; episode ten { Coastal Venture }
chapter eighty-one

JJ DIDN'T LET GO OF BROOKLYN UNTIL THEY REACHED SOME PLACE SAFE

JJ DIDN'T LET GO OF BROOKLYN UNTIL THEY REACHED SOME PLACE SAFE. He had his arms cuddled around her, her head in his chest and her knees pulled up to face to try and warm herself up. JJ refused to let go of her now and it was sweet but Brooklyn could hardly feel her own body.

Her breathing started to slow down and she did warm up eventually despite her clothes still being wet. The pain meds JJ had given her had eased her mind and she felt less in pain which was good... all until it started to ache again.

"You seem to be looking better," John B says, brushing her hair away from her face. "Feel better?"

"Yeah, I'm okay," she says softly. "Just exhausted."

"We'll find land soon, okay?" he tells her.

"Wait," Kiara says, rising to her feet. "Is that land?" She points over in the direction of an island that was right up ahead.

"Yeah," John B says, turning the boat ever so slightly so they could head over to it. "Come on."

When they reached land, JJ helped the girl out of the boat and onto the island where Kiara and Cleo helped her over to the grass to take a seat and relax.

The island looked quite nice. It had beautiful waves, a sandy beach, rocks and trees that hung low but stood tall. Brooklyn had sat herself against a tree next to Sarah and Kiara with her head resting upon Sarah's shoulder.

They watched the boys heave the boat onto the island. "Good job, guys!"

"Brooklyn, you all right there?" John B asked, seeing she was starting to fall to sleep on Sarah's arm.

"Hmm. Still a little dizzy," she admits, eyes opening and closing as she focuses on breathing.

"Does anybody know where we're at?" JJ asks.

"Deserted beach. Unknown island," Pope says, stepping over to the group.

"Al right, I'll take that as a no."

The boys sat themselves down. It must've felt nice to finally not be on their feet. Sarah wrapped her arm around Brooklyn's shoulders and peered down to see she was falling in and out of sleep.

Sarah glanced over at Kiara and then back down at Brooklyn. Her breathing is slow but her head is pounding and every time she opens her eyes, the world seems to be spinning. She has Sarah rubbing her arm soothingly which only makes her more sleepy and Kiara rubs her back slowly.