twenty - "Don't trust anyone."

Yeonbyul pressed her foot gently. It was still in pain after the boat accident. When she fell into the lake, her foot hit a rock. She winced in pain and exhaled heavily, putting her book down. The entrance door to her room opened and her husband walked in. Heeseung was holding a first-aid kit.

Her eyes widened, "What are you doing-"

"You keep hurting yourself. How many times have I told you to take care of yourself," he nagged. She scoffed and just let him do his job. She knew he wouldn't budge even if she pushes him away.

"How's Haesun?" She gathered her courage to ask. Of course, it annoys her to even ask about the mistress's wellbeing but as long as it makes her crush happy. He sighed and chuckled, "She kept talking about going out to buy the baby's stuff."

She smiled as she listened to Heeseung talking about how excited he was for his first child. He stopped talking and cleared his throat, "Are you okay?"

"As long as you're happy, then I'm fine."

He nodded and finished massaging her foot. He closed the first-aid kit and stood up but she grabbed his hand to stop him.

"I need to tell you something."

He sat back down on the bed and waited for her to continue. She took a deep breath, "Do you trust Mr Kim?"

He frowned, "I'm not having a conversation that will make us argue."

"I'm fine if you're in love with his daughter or anything. But please, you have many enemies around you. People would do anything to bring you down, even the ones close to you. Please have your guard up even when you're with Haesun or Mr Kim."

"Enough with the nonsense, Yeonbyul. Haesun wouldn't do that."

Yeonbyul sighed and closed her eyes in stress. He got up again and walked to the door.

"I just want you to be cautious. Don't trust anyone. Not even me."

He exhaled heavily before leaving the room. She laid down on the bed and thought about the consequences if he trusts the mistress too much. She could ruin his life and his dream to be King would be destroyed.

Heeseung, please at least consider my words.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Sunghoon whistled a melody, having a duet with the birds singing. He saw Mr Kim leaving the meeting room with the other ministers. He approached him, "Mr Kim!"

The said minister bowed to him, "Your Highness."

"May I have a word with you. We could have tea together. Or maybe, some wine?"

Mr Kim laughed, "You are quite wild, aren't you? Who has wine in the morning?"

"Fine then. We'll have some tea. Let's go to the pavilion now."

The prince walked ahead of him, leaving him behind. Mr Kim took a deep breath nervously. He knew the people in the North acknowledged the prince as the wise, smart and intimidating person. He watched as the court ladies served tea on the small coffee table.

"Sit," the prince welcomed. Mr Kim sat across from him and waited for the conversation to start. Sunghoon put down his glass and slammed a packet with white powder on the table. The minister's eyes widened in fear.

"You're right. This was the poison that you tried to use at Her Majesty."

The old man gulped in fear, sweats started to appear on his head. Sunghoon put another file on the table. Mr Kim took it and his eyes widened again as he saw the people he killed before.

"What is all this?"

Sunghoon chuckled, "Why? Do you know them? I was just about to ask if you know who they are. The cases closed even though we still haven't find the murderer yet. Their money was all stolen. I was hoping if you could cooperate and help us find the murderer."

"I will, Your Highness. I'll try to contact my men to investigate it."

The old man stood up before bowing and leaving the pavilion nervously. The prince took out a small knife from his pocket and threw it near the minister, the knife stabbing the pillar next to him. Sunghoon rushed towards the man and pulled him by his collar before whispering, "Don't act dumb. You think I'm so stupid to not find out that you're the murderer? How dare you roam free and try to ruin the South Kingdom after killing innocent people in the North?"

"Please spare me, Your Highness!" The minister kneeled and begged. Sunghoon chuckled and stepped on the old man's hand before squatting so that their face was on the same level.

"Wait until I become the King. I'll make sure the cases reopen and I will bring you down. And I don't mind using your daughter and grandchild as a way to reach you."

"Please, Your Highness! Not my grandchild! Please don't hurt my daughter!"

Sunghoon stood up and dusted his clothes off before leaving the pavilion. Mr Kim glared at him, How did he know? This is really bad. I must get rid of him before he tells everyone.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Yeonbyul swayed her feet back and forth in the water, staring at the lake. She was hoping Heeseung would consider her words. He needs to keep his guard up. She wanted him to be safe. She didn't want him to feel the upcoming heartbreak Haesun would give him. It's already bad that she experienced it, she didn't want the person she loves to feel it too.

She sighed and looked at her fourth finger where her wedding ring was. She took it off and took a good look at it. It was simple yet nice and beautiful. The diamond shimmered brightly. She clenched it tightly before throwing it into the lake.

"I don't have a reason to keep it anymore."

She got up and turned around, only to find Haesun walking towards her. The mistress rolled her eyes and held her belly, acting as if her child in her womb was too fragile to even let it near the Queen.

"Heart got broken, huh?" She asked. Yeonbyul scoffed, "We know who caused it."

"Come on, Yeonbyul. He was never in love with you. You're putting your hopes too high."

Yeonbyul was tired of educating the royal titles to the concubine. She just doesn't learn.

"Adopt my child."

Yeonbyul glared at her, "What?"

"Adopt my child. You can't even have one anyway. I doubt that Heeseung would do it with you."

"I will treat the child as a member of the royal family. But I will not adopt it. End of discussion."

With that, the Queen left the place. Haesun clenched her fists and scoffed before wincing in pain, feeling her child kicking in her belly. She hit it and frowned, "Will you just shut up in there? I'm trying to get that bitch to adopt you."