Mine

I was in a convenience store late at night since my mind wouldn't bother to sleep even if my body was exhausted. So here I am, in the middle of the aisle, choosing which food to buy.

I hummed one of my favorite songs while letting my fingers linger on the different kinds of junk food on the shelves until my eyes landed on the ice cream section. I speedily ran towards the destination and let out a squeal when I saw my favorite milk ice cream.

I reached out to grab one until another hand quickly got it and I heard her release a sigh in relief. I huffed in annoyance as it was the last one with that kind of flavor.

I prepared myself to lash out to the person but as I turned my attention towards the culprit, my jaw hanged open as I saw who it was. Heat started to rise on my cheeks and stuttered words came out from my mouth.

"R-rosie!" My high-pitched voice startled her and that made me heavily blush more when she threw me her charming smile.

"Love!" I was pulled into her arms and I melted into her warm embrace, snuggling closer to her chest.

I closed my eyes, relishing the way she secured me in her warmth and the way she placed loving kissed at the side of my head. But I suddenly detached myself from her and gave her a perplexed expression.

She mirrored the same expression but let out a sweet-sounding laugh before pinching my cheeks that made me whine . I didn't stop her though since she's the only person who's allowed to touch and pinch them.

Her. Only her. My Rosie.

"I figured that you wouldn't sleep after seeing your troubling expression when I dropped you home earlier. Therefore, I stayed here for the whole night. I had to get your favorite."

She pointed her finger to the ice cream on her right hand, with the soft smile never leaving her face.

Tears were brimming in my eyes as I let her go worried about me the whole night. She noticed it that made her panic and quickly hugged the life out of me.

"Shhh, it's fine. I'm here, my love." She started whispering sweet words to my ear, my sobs slowly diminishing but with a soft smile plastered on my face and her cheek resting on mine.

Once that the sobs weren't heard anymore, she wiped away my tears and grabbed the back of my head and closed the gap between us, making our lips touch and lock together.

It was only a chaste kiss, a short one yet it made the both of us foolishly smile with our flushed faces and I couldn't help but peck her lips multiple times before pulling away and placing my arms around her neck.

I feel her hands rubbing the sides of my waist while keeping her loving gaze on me.

"Wanna share the ice cream together?"

~~~

After we both ate the ice cream together, we went to our favorite spot. Treehouse. after she gave in to my pleads and my pout. She can never say no to me.

I felt slender arms snaking around my waist and chin placed on my shoulder. I relaxed myself and placed my hands on top of hers, tightening the hold before I focused my eyes at the stars above us.

"What's bothering you, wifey?" Her voice laced with worry echoed and I let out a small sigh before turning myself and direct my forehead to her lips, letting it linger to feel the softness.

"You know, stress from school. The amount of school works are driving me insane. College is no joke." I humorlessly chuckled and placed my head to where her heartbeat can be heard.