57

TW// Anxiety and trauma induced episode

"George? What are you doing here?" I say frozen, staring at him from the end of the hallway. George turns, and then just shrugs. 

"I wanted to come home." He explains simply. 

"You haven't been home in weeks."

"I know."

My face twists in confusion, as I fold my arms over my chest. "So you just randomly decided to show up then? Why aren't you at wherever you've been staying?"

"I wanted to get away from Schlatt so I came to see Dream and Sapnap, Eret's out of town."

"So are Dream and Sapnap."

"Where?"

"Ask Punz, I've got no idea." I lie. George is far too close to Schlatt and the Manburg administration to let them know about potential military alliances, and I've been explicitly told to keep my mouth shut. 

Not that I'd ever listen to what Dream tells me to do, but in this instance, it makes sense enough for me to agree. 

"Did they go together?"

"No, Eret went to visit a friend or something, and he's coming back in an hour or so anyway, Dream and Sap are gone until at least late tonight or early morning tomorrow." 

"What are they doing?"

"Fuck if I know, and why so many questions? You're not getting any information out of the hostage."

"I just want to know where they went, I want to talk to them." He states simply.

"Well, they're not here, so you can run back to Quackity and Schlatt and let them know all about it."

"I'm not working with Schlatt, I hate him." George argues.

"That's really great George." I responded tiredly, walking past him and into the kitchen, and start to pull out bowls and plates. I can see his lips purse in affront when I glance up. 

"You staying for dinner?" I ask, turning around to search for the pantry. At first, there's only silence from him.

"I didn't think you'd want me too." He admits quietly. I turn back around to look at him, potatoes clutched in my hands. 

"George, I meant it when I said I didn't care about what you did. Yeah, I'm disappointed that you're apart of Schlatt's regime, and that you're kind of too much of a pussy to do what needs to be done, but, I don't hate you and if you want, stay and have dinner with me and Punz."

I slam the bag down, looking into the fridge for steak, as Punz walks in through the front door.

"Oh thank god you're actually here, I was scared you were going to try and run- hey George! How's it going dude?"

"Hey Punz." George replies, watching Punz set down the last of the swords against the wall. 

"What are you doing here?" Punz asks, as he straightens up. George hesitates. 

"He's having dinner with us." I jump in, looking at Punz. "You know one time I'm going to do a runner on your watch just so Dream gets mad at you."

"You suck, you know that?"

"No shit,  you can say bye-bye to that little bonus he gives you." 

"Going after my money now are we? Dirty play Ro."

"So, are you just okay with being back here?" George interrupts suddenly, looking very concerned. I laugh, shaking my head and planting my hands on the bench top.