Chapter 2

Tom; whose my big brother (by 2years) decided that we should keep it a surprise for the rest of the family, so obviously he's fetching me from the airport.

Now usually the brother in any story is either the biggest pest or some obnoxious, rude arrogant asshole but not mine, Tom is more like my best friend, my protector, my rock; the one person I can count on besides Jessi of cause.

And just like that my thoughts are interrupted by Tom's voice howling through the airport.

"Hey, little one! It's been a while"
he goes in for a hug, those bear type of hugs that grab you tightly and lifts you off the ground, he continues with "have you grown?, you almost seem slightly taller than the last time I saw you."

"Don't mock me, you know I stopped growing in high school already," I reply giving him my angry look, how dare he just see me after two years and start shit about my height already.

"I know, forgive me, it's been two years since I could tease my favourite little sister." He ruffles my hair like I'm some small child.

"Firstly I'm your only little sister and if this is what I'm in for, maybe I should just head back on the plane now already." I threaten him.

Tom pleads with me; pulling out his puppy dog eyes even though he knows I'm messing around. The man got on my nerves in less than 5seconds of seeing him again after two years. Wow, that has to be some record.

"Ok ok, I'm sorry, chill, I'm just excited to see you that's all." He puts his arm around my shoulders. As we leave the airport and head to his car.

"Shocking. You know I'm not your only sister ? you still have Davina here right ?"

"And you know very well if I tried my luck teasing her, she would fuck me up, so yeah, no thanks I'm not risking it" he states.

We both break out in laughter, knowing very well it's true, Davina takes shit from no one.

"Scaredy-cat" I suggest.

"Yes I am" he admits, "Now, how was the flight?"
As we enter the car and head off to Jessi's place. I turn on the radio and open the window to allow the fresh air to blow through my hair.

"Good, I napped most of the way, so I feel refreshed, which is probably a good thing considering Mom's family dinner tonight."

Tom replies with genuine sadness in his eyes;
"I know this will make them so happy, you know mom felt she lost her baby the day you left and well you know dad lost his best friend, so I think this is the best gift any of us could get them."

"I hope so. It's just no one gets that I left for work and not because I was unhappy and didn't want to be home." I guess for me I'll never know what they thought, mom always says when you have kids of your own someday you'll understand what it's like for your baby to just up and go. I mean the woman has two kids still here to occupy her time with, even Tom he's a giant baby, so I don't see the big deal.

"You know our family, always has a touch of dramatic flare." Tom nudges me

"Of cause the Cohen's do nothing normal and boring, always over the top." I laugh because it's true. We're all so dramatic and I know for a fact we get it from our mom, Olivia Cohen.