8. Urges

"Look into my eyes and confess your feelings.
I didn't want to let go because I'm ready to love you.
If we are meant to be, my heart will be yours.."

-Raymund S.

* * * * * * *

Earlier that afternoon, Devon ordered flowers for Natalia. Though he didn't visit her for the past month, he's genuinely worried about her but knew his wife needed time to focus on Daniel's condition. No one knows how sick the man is but they assumed it's worse. When Natalia presented herself at the shareholders' meeting a few days ago, he then planned to take action in claiming her back.

Currently, he's waiting for Natalia to finish her work. When his wife reached the ground floor, he just observed her getting curious about his little gift. 

He noticed she's getting finer like a wine as time passes by. Her wavy dark brown hair and white creamy skin are glowing. Her face is vibrant and those cherry lips are mesmerizing. Devon admitted that he wasn't able to appreciate her as he's more focused on establishing business relationships for their company from the past years. He should have known better. 

After pondering, he dialed her number and slowly walked towards the beautiful woman. 

Natalia sighed in defeat as Devon already stood in front of her. Ignoring his expression of relief, she took a glance towards the main entrance to see if Cal had arrived. Her phone buzzed and she received a message from her bodyguard. She quickly closed her eyes in frustration. No wonder he's a no-show...he got stranded in a mild traffic jam. 

'What a great timing.'

Seeing a no way out because she didn't want to cause a scene, Natalia silently followed Devon up to the main entrance. Unknown to her, the man was restraining himself from touching her. 

As they waited, a white two-seater Jaguar halted in front of them. The valet then alighted from the driver's seat and greeted Devon.

"Nat!" Both of them turned their heads on the person who shouted cheerfully.

"Ariel. It's so nice seeing you here again." Natalia genuinely stated. Her unsung prayer has been heard.

The woman who just arrived, kissed Natalia's cheeks and automatically placed herself between the two. Ironically, the scene played as if they're close friends.

"What are you two doing here?" Ariel inquired enthusiastically in a fake tone making herself dull. At least in Natalia's ears. 

"I'm just waiting for my ride." Natalia responded, keeping her cool. She intentionally stated that she is going home with no additional company. 

Then Ariel, in all of her wits, turned to Devon. "Are you returning to the Yushkova mansion?"

The man looked at his wife and decided to say 'no' to Ariel.

"There goes my ride." Natalia suddenly uttered, praying she won't be discovered and that her acting skills will be at par with the barbie. She walked outside the Zimmer Company's main gate, keeping her grace and making her way to the first car she spotted. The nearest was the latest model of black BMW 540 who seemed to slow down. 

Gathering her confidence, Natalia opened the door of the tinted vehicle thanking the Higher Being that it pulled over as if waiting for her. She planned on alighting at the nearest drop-off area and to compensate the owner of the vehicle. 

She quickly looked back at the two leeches and saw their eyes getting wide. The car is a limited edition of BMW. In their country, only a handful of people owned that kind of model.