The art of messing up security

Curare didn't change her mind. After the yule holidays she still had no desire to return to Hogwarts, even if Draco spent nearly the entire time trying to convince her to. He didn't want his best friend to leave again. They were having so much fun together and now he would have to go back to missing her until they were able to see each other.

At the end of the holidays Tom Riddle got an invitation from MACUSA in America, to help them train their aurors and also help with the description of a few very old books, semingly written in Paseltongue.

 So after a long debate, he gave Bellatrix and Rodulphus the control over the Death eaters, though they were always able to call him if anything went wrong, through a magically enchanted mirror, Sirius provided it in exchange for a crate of the finest wine the Riddle Mansion had to offer.His exact words were he wanted to see if he could get Remus so drunk that he would howl at the half moon without being in werewolf form. 

Then, Tom and Curare packed their bags, said goodbye to the house elves in Riddle Mansion, who shed some tears when their master left but promised to keep the place tidy while they were gone, and made their way to the airport.

Due to security reasons, people couldn't apparate between two countries, there was a grey zone with countries like Ireland and North Ireland, but usually it was pretty constant. Also meaning, if wizards or witches wanted to travel they still needed to use trains and planes like Muggles. Of course, there were some made especially for the Wizarding world, with extra comfort and so on, but all the wealthy families were very Muggle like, owning their own private yet.

These were powered by magic, not disrupting the environment like normal ones would, so it wasn't unusual that powerful families, such as the ones I the sacred 28, well the ones who could afford it, would spend the summer holidays traveling around the world.

When the Riddle's arrived at the airport they couldn't leave immediately due to bad weather, typical really, so they made their way inside. Tom's arm around his daughter tightened a little, keeping her close to his bodies they made their way through the crowd, they luggage already packed in the plane.

Even though they both weren't wearing their cloaks they still got a lot of looks. Tom looking very attractive, which many there certainly didn't mind, and the fact that Curare was like a carbon copy of him. Not to forget they were dressed in a manor that just screamed wealth.

Tom led Curare to the security check standing in one of the endless lines filled with much too loud Muggles before turning towards her, leaning down slightly before starting to talk.

"The bad weather will hold on for a while, so we will wait in one of the lounges, hence why we need to do this security check and all, which we normally just skip. Put all your metal things in one of those trays and let the lady scan you, okay?" 

Curare nodded. She didn't think she had ever been around so many Muggles at once before. Tom shielded her from the non magical world a lot. He didn't trust them not to mess something up. That is what they were best up. Besides, in the magical world she was Curare Riddle, the heir to many great wirzarding families, daughter of one of the strongest wizards ever to live. but in the Muggle world, she was just another little girl, who just happened to wear nice rings and clothes. 

When it was their turn in the row Tom took off all his lordship rings, muttering an anti theft charm before placing them in the box. When he looked up he saw quite a few Muggles eying his expensive looking rings and him in general. A young lady in the line beside him gave him a flirty look, moving her hair to the side, exposing a little bit more o her cleavage. Tom ignored her before gently pushing Curare towards the people holding the scanners.

It always surpassed Tom how miserable the people here looked, sure they had an important job and all, but he alway had the feeling he would be arrested if he looked in one direction for too long, and he was worried that Curare would have problems, even though he knew she knew how to handle herself, even if she was only eleven.

He heard loud beeping beside him and saw three people go towards his daughter who obviously had too much metal on her or something. Being taller than most people there he finally saw that Curare must have forgotten to take off her necklace earlier. Some airport staff had her remove it, before scanning her again, this time finding nothing. 

The guy holding her pendant looked at the snake with the ruby eye, littered with what looked like, and also were, real small diamonds, with an impressed expression. Nobody in their right mind would give this sort of thing to a kid.These things were shown in museums or kept under lock and key at a bank. He voiced his thoughts to his boss beside him and they decided they had to check that it wasn't stolen so the head of the department bent down to the little girl, who by now was giving him a glare.

"Hello little lady, we need to talk to you in the back room. Do you have a parent or someone traveling with you?"

Curare gave the man a blank look for a while, staring deep into his eyes, which made the man quite uncomfortable, like she was staring straight into his mind before nodding, pointing at Tom who stood on the other side of the check, waiting for his daughter.

A few moments later they were both led to a back room, with nothing but a table, a few chairs and a door. 

"We are very sorry for the inconvenience but this necklace seems very expensive and it isn't something you would typically find on such a young girls neck." The almost bold man said, the two men beside him nodding like lapdogs. 

"And why have you pulled us out?" Tom asked in a sharp voice making the men flinch slightly. His whole aura screamed dominate and his icy glare also wasn't too inviting.

"We would like to know how you acquired this particular piece of jewelry?"

"It's not stolen if that is what you are trying to say. I'm afraid I don't have the legal documents with me proving the ownership but perhaps if I spoke to your manager, things would clear up." The bold man tried to protest but then spoke into his phone calling for the big boss.

While the five waiting in awkward silence Curare was pulled onto her fathers lap making her snuggle against his chest, basking in his magical signature. Tom gently stroked her back all while giving the man in front of him a blank look. When Tom got bored he made eye contact and dove deep into the mans thoughts and memories.

He just reached the part where his wife left him for another man when the door opened and a guy with gelled back hair and a slightly crinkled suit came him. 

"Ah, mister Sollington. I'm afraid you people have arrested me on suspicion of theft, well me and my daughter, and I am less than pleased about this"