Chapter - 23

"Finally," Sanskar could barely mumble taking a step towards her.

Swara downed her eye gaze realising his unwavering stare. Unknowingly she felt goosebumps when her mere presence brought ultimate satisfaction on his face.

"Good morning, Sir" she continuously shifted her gaze between him and floor.

"Hmm?"

"Good morning, Sir" this time Swara bit her lower lip looking at his confused face.

"Oh! Yes! Good morning," he turned and moved towards his chair.

"Ok, I had asked Brittany to update designs for floor panels of foundation." He was back to his professionalism.

"Yes Sir, I had discussions with her..." And there they went back to their routine discussions.

But it was something different for today. Usually, Sanskar's eyes used to get fixed on the TV screen whereas today it was mostly on Swara's serene face.

"Ok, thank you Sir. I will get those changes updated." Swara started her winding up.

She moved towards the door to go out. She halted and turned back to see Sanskar engrossed in his work.

"How is Granny Sir?"

In these three weeks if she missed any one terribly then it was Granny.

She could not gather courage to call her. She was scared that she would lose her emotional equilibrium and would break down in front of old lady hearing her loving voice.

She just messaged her couple of times and was happy with Granny's reply.

"Let me remind you we are in office."

'He and his sarcastic comments. Coconut!' She pressed her lips when her mind processed new nick name.

"You may leave now Ms. Mehra." Even though he was staring back at his Mac screen, he had observed her antics from corner eyes.

"Have a good day Sir." Now with professional tone.

"Granny is fine. She missed you a lot." His voice enriched her cheeks with bright grin.

"Me Too."

She quickly turned back with shining eyes.

'Me too' his unsaid words reflected in his eyes for flicker of moment. Before turning it cold.

They shared long eye lock which broke due to beep on Sanskar's phone.

'Did he miss me?' Swara came back to her seat.

'Why will he?'

'Ohh Kanhaji I forgot to thank him. He did a lot for me and my family. Thank you, word will be, such a smaller one. What should I do?'

Her lips adorned with huge smile when one idea popped up in her mind.

'About repayment of money I will talk to him on weekends when we go to meet Granny.'

'Granny, I am just waiting for Friday.'

'Then I am gonna meet you'

'Then I am gonna hug you,'

'Then I am gonna kiss you,'

'Then I am gonna tickle you,'

'Then I gonna say I love you Granny and I missed you so much.'

Next day, as usual Sanskar came to office early. He moved to his dressing room for walk-in closet with an expectation that his all ties would be ready with knot.