Chapter 18

Zhou Shuo stood under the tree until four o'clock in the morning and finally saw the gate of the house slowly open. 

Xia Liang stood behind the door and looked at him silently for a moment then said lightly, "Come in."

Zhou Shuo's tight heartstrings suddenly loosened and his eyes gradually heated up. All kinds of feelings rushed to his heart for a while and he shouted with some happiness and some grievance. 

"Brother Liang..."

Xia Liang was no longer able to face him openly like before. He avoided Zhou Shou's sight quite unnaturally and said, "You have stayed outside for most of the night. Go back inand rest first." 

Zhou Shuo knew that Xia Liang still cared about him so he restrained himself from expressing his excitement too obviously and went back into the villa one step at a time.

"My task is completed, it's almost time to leave." Du Lanze handed Xia Liang a business card, "Here is my contact number. If you need help, you can call me."

Xia Liang looked at the words on the card, "Midnight Flight Bar? Bartender?" 

Du Lanze touched his nose and coughed unnaturally, "It's just a name."

He paused and added, "If no one answers the call, I may have gone back to my plane. You can go to this bar and find a waiter to leave me a message. I will contact you soon after I get back."

Xia Liang didn't really feel Du Lanze's "alien" status until now and asked, "Do you often travel back and forth between the two planes?" 

"Not too often," Du Lanze said, "I was sent here to stay in Zero Realm but if there is a call from my hometown, I will rush back immediately."

Xia Liang thought for a while, "I have one more question." 

"Please tell me."

"Xiao Lin, I mean my brother, how did he get to know you? Why does he seem to know these things since a long time ago? Are there other things you are hiding from me?"

"Well..." Du Lanze scratched the back of his head, thinking that Xia Liang must still not know that his brother was reborn so he shied away, "This involves some of your brother's personal privacy and I'm just an outsider. I'm afraid it's not very convenient."

Xia Liang nodded, "Okay, I understand. Anyway, thank you very much for this time." 

After sending Du Lanze away, Xia Liang returned to the house and saw Zhou Shuo standing at the door of his bedroom, waiting eagerly.

Xia Liang frowned, "Why don't you go in and rest?" 

"Brother Liang," Zhou Shuo hesitated and asked courageously, "Can I still follow you in the future?"

Xia Liang sighed softly. This incident happened too suddenly. Although he let Zhou Shuo into the house, he still wasn't able to think of a proper solution.

According to Du Lanze, the two people after the depth mark will be involuntarily tied together, just like newly married partners. 

However, in Xia Liang's view, this kind of lifelong partnership that relies on forced binding is a very unfortunate thing for an Omega.

First, there may not be true love between AOs; second, an Omega has no choice but to depend and be loyal to the Alpha that marked him, resulting in extreme inequality in the social status of both parties.

Although Du Lanze didn't reveal too much about the social relations in their world, Xia Liang can roughly imagine that due to the lack of a stable balance between the three types of ABOs, this imbalance will sooner or later trigger social riots.

"About this matter," Xia Liang brought his thoughts back to the topic before him, rubbed his eyebrows, and avoided Zhou Shuo's scorching eyes, "I might have blamed you before and I myself have a great responsibility for this matter. If you are willing, I will find an opportunity to send you to the branch office to practice, which is also very helpful to your growth..."

Before Xia Liang could finish speaking, Zhou Shuo eagerly interrupted, "No, Brother Liang! I won't leave you. Have you forgotten what Du Lanze said?!"

"I haven't forgotten but I feel that insecurity or something is just an excuse for a coward with weak willpower. I believe I can overcome such a psychological barrier."

"No!" Zhou Shuo raised his voice a little, "Anyway, I won't agree!"

"Okay," Xia Liang said in a childlike tone, "You don't want to go so I won't force you. But dad and grandma will be back in a few days, you...better control yourself and don't let them see anything."

Zhou Shuo realized that their peaceful lives these days were about to be broken. He was silent for a moment, then nodded, "I understand, Brother Liang."

Just as Zhou Shuo was about to turn around and go back to his room, Xia Liang stopped him suddenly and asked, "Zhou Shuo, are you treating men..." 

Halfway through, he felt that his guess was too absurd so he waved his hand and said, "It's okay, go to sleep."

After speaking, he went back to his room and closed the door.

How could Zhou Shuo fail to hear the meaning of Xia Liang's last sentence? He watched Xia Liang's door in silence for a long while before muttering to himself in a low, inaudible voice, "I don't know what to do with other men. Brother Liang, it feels like since I was little, I only have eyes for you..."

He sighed quietly. 

This morning, Li Mo prepared breakfast in the kitchen as usual. After his morning class, Ji Qin laid on the sofa outside the kitchen, waiting to eat while using his mobile phone.

After the brief meeting between Li Mo and Gu Lixuan yesterday, Ji Qin was polite and did not ask Li Mo about the grievances between him and Gu Lixuan, but he couldn't help being curious. 

After surfing the Internet to check some information about Li Mo and Gu Lixuan, he found that there is no intersection between the two.

Gu Lixuan became famous relatively early and has accumulated a lot of works. In recent years, he has won numerous awards and has been on the list of first-line artists. The salary of his drama starts at millions and the small-cost crews simply can't ask for this great god.

Li Mo's personal profile information is quite pitiful. Although his debut is about the same as Gu Lixuan's, he has only participated in very few works. Most of them are dispensable supporting roles. In his best-paid idol drama, he was only a male second in the show but the show was well filmed. At that time, it seemed to arouse some splashes and was sought after by some fans. 

The reason why Ji Qin felt that Li Mo was a bit familiar when they first met was because he had once glanced at that same drama before.

But what is puzzling is that since then, Li Mo has disappeared silently.

Later, a couple of entertainment news broke Li Mo's contract termination lawsuit with his brokerage company. As for how the lawsuit was finally settled, no media continued to report, nor did the masses get to the bottom of it. That news just fell into the ocean. 

Ji Qin felt that this incident was a bit weird as if there was a black hand behind the scenes deliberately expelling Li Mo from the circle, letting him disappear from the public view.