Chapter sixty eight

Raven's POV

"Ok where do you want me to begin son?" My dad asks and I guess I'll start with from the moment they went to our home.

"What happened when you guys got to our land?" I asked genuinely curious about how that went, considering I still haven't been to Scarlett's crystal cave yet.

"Well when we got to the cave the elders had us all file into an off shoot of the main cavern, the space we were in was littered with moonstones it was absolutely beautiful in there.

Once everyone was off the buses, the buses were driven to a bus depot a few miles away by some of our pack members that decided to go back to the pack house as a decoys.
Before you freakout they are retired warriors and would be upset it I hadn't let them." He says knowing I was about to argue with him, so I stay quiet so he can continue and he does.

"Ok so after the buses left half the elders including Sabrina stayed topside to guard us by hiding the cave and putting a barrier around your land.

The rest of us took seats in the cave, Alpha Dante made sure that everyone had water and were comfortable as they could be given the circumstances.

He's doing a great job as an Alpha so far I must say." My dad says with pride for the young Alpha and I feel it too for him, it's a shame he had to step up so early in his life and to lose not one but both parents, now he has a pack and his siblings to care for.

"Anyway as I was saying," dad continues. "The other half of the elders stayed with us, things were quiet and calm for about an hour then we noticed that the elders were agitated. They headed to the opening where we were at. Not long after sounds of battle and vibrations could be heard and felt.
The decision was made that the elders that stayed with us would go topside to help. I told your mother and sister that I would help as well and that they were to stay put.
Alpha Dante and I went with them, when we got to the surface there wasn't too many left thankfully so we killed them quickly, the enemy consisted of dark witches but luckily they weren't that strong.
And before you ask yes we cleaned and purified the land again after seeing to the wounded.
The wounded consisted of Sabrina being the worst, elder Susan lost an arm, and elder Wilson almost had an aneurysm but the doctors got to him fast enough to save him. We lost elders Jeffrey, Angela, Michelle, and Talla.
I got a few cuts, bumps, and bruises nothing serious and Alpha Dante got the last kill ending the conflict we were in.
Ilsa went into labor early but she and her pup are doing fine, she told your mother she said her wolf said Mick almost died, is he alright?"

Before I could even say anything Leon spoke up. "He's going to pull through, the stealth witches Dev called saved him, his left arm is messed up bad but with intense physical therapy he will be able to use it again or he should they said. When were in the field they could only stabilize him but he's doing much better, he can't wait to get home, he's so bouncey they had to strap him down," Leon laughs, "did Yen and the others make it home ok?" He asks soberly.

"Yes and the coffins appeared in the hospital's wake room. We lost so many, from what I heard the other packs lost just as many, what was the final count at the end of the day?" Dad asks and Leon answers.

"We lost 39, being the largest pack most would say that's not bad but any loss is too many I think. Dev's pack lost 10, Safehaven lost 15, Darkwook lost 17, Greenwick lost 18, Lightwing lost 20, and Fullmoon lost 16. It would have been so much worse if the stealth witches hadn't been there, as it is they saved so many more.
The ones we lost were those that weren't brought to them in time or whose injuries were just too severe to be saved, even then they worked on our fallen till the end." He says softly.

"The healer here says that they and everyone owe us, but I think we owe them just as much," I say now knowing just how bad the fighting got.

"Jackie just left with all the pups, before you both freak out Jenny and her mate are with her," dad says letting us know to expect them.

"Thanks Dad," we both say and we can hear his smile over the phone when he answers with a "your welcome."

"It should take them about three hours by car to get there." My mom says and I kinda forgot she was there.

"So Scarlett and Falcon are really ok right?" My parents both ask and I answer.

"Yeah just sleeping, you won't believe it but Falcon helped protect us both by putting lightning cloaks on Scarlett and me, I'm so proud of my youngest son especially since he isn't even born yet." I laugh.

"My grandpups are all amazing!" My parents gush, just happy to be grandparents, they have five with two more on the way.

"We were and are very fortunate, but if you excuse me," mom says, "I have to get back to planning the funerals for our fallen and seeing to their families. And also making arrangements for of those who are now orphaned."

After my mom left I asked dad the hard question of how many orphans we now had, "six, lost both parents but luckily they have relatives that will take them but we want to make sure its what's best for them or not. The oldest one is fifteen and she may not want to go to Alpha Dante's pack she may want to stay here. So we'll have to wait and see what she wants, the others are still very young and most have relatives in our pack so they won't have to go far." Dad says.

Goddess please welcome our fallen into your loving arms, I pray.