✾𝟮𝟭✾

Y/n's weak body floated away in the flowing river, her face was facing upwards, so she could breathe in the air

Y/n's weak body floated away in the flowing river, her face was facing upwards, so she could breathe in the air. It's been a day and she's still passed out after the breathing forms. Tanjiro was getting even angrier and angrier by the day. The frustration built their walls in his heart as he felt as if he was weak, he couldn't do anything to save her. 

Three days passed, four days passed, and finally, on the fifth day, a girl with a butterfly hairpin and gradient hair was resting over the river when she noticed a body on the ground, washed up by the gentle water. The gradient-haired girl's eyes widened as she got up and rushed towards the laying Y/n. "My, my, are you awake, girl?" she asked in a worried tone, poking y/n on the cheeks. 

"Hm," the demon slayer hummed as she checked y/n's pulse. "Ah, exhaustion," the girl mumbled, she gently carried the child in her arms and with great speed, off to her estate. "Shinobu-san," a girl with coal-black hair which was in a ponytail, and deep blue eyes called out. "Aoi-chan... help me prepare a kimono for her, she needs some rest," Shinobu said, glancing at y/n, who was sleeping peacefully. 

"Yes, Shinobu-san," Aoi bowed respectfully before rushing inside the house and slide open the sliding doors. Shinobu walked in a calm way before she laid y/n on the bed. "Girls, change her clothes and prepare some food, I can predict that she will wake up in a bit," Shinobu ordered. "Yes, Shinobu-san," all of them bowed respectfully before doing the commands. 

The girl with gradient hair went over to knock on a door. A girl with a side ponytail opened the door to her room. "Kanao-chan, you have a new company," Shinobu smiled. Kanao's eyes widened a bit. She had never had company other than the girls around here. Kanao nodded, feeling hesitant. 

Y/n woke up as she looked around. "Oh, you're awake!" Shinobu clasped her hands together happily. Y/n turned to look at her as she sat up. "W-who are you?" Y/n said with a broken tone. She felt weird, talking now. "Oh my apologies, my name is Kocho Shinobu, what is your name?" Shinobu asked, tilting her head to the side with a gentle smile. "My name is Kigiku Y/n," Y/n said, calming down. 

"I found you in the flowing river and lead you here, to my estate," Shinobu explained. "Thank you for taking me in, Shinobu-san," Y/n bowed politely. "My, don't need to be so formal, Y/n-chan," Shinobu smiled softly. "A-Ah, I see," y/n sweatdropped. "Do you know breathing techniques?" Shinobu asked. 

"Yes, I'm mastering the flower breathing," that sentence from Y/n made Shinobu stiff and her eyes widened dramatically. Y/n noticed the girl's eyes widening. "Is there something wrong Shinobu-san?" Y/n asked. "Could you tell me your forms?" Shinobu forced an unsettling smile. "Sure," Y/n smiled before she explained all her flower breathing techniques. Shinobu was surprised that she made her own forms. 

"My beloved sister used to be the flower pillar," Shinobu explained. "Pillars or known as Hashiras are the highest-ranking combatants in the demon slayer corps," Shinobu added quickly. Y/n's eyes widened. Demon slayer corps? "She uses flower breathing, different forms," Shinobu said. 

"What was her name?" Y/n asked. "Kocho Kanae," Shinobu answered. "Is she here?" Y/n asked. Shinobu tensed up. "No, she's not," Shinobu said. "Oh! She's retired?" Y/n asked. "No, she's--- she's no longer here on earth," Shinobu said sadly. Y/n gasped. "Oh, I'm sorry-- I'm really sorry for your loss," Y/n said quickly. 

"It's alright," Shinobu patted her head. "You will be my new apprentice," Shinobu announced. 

Y/n's train of thought snapped. Wait, what happened? Where is Tanjiro? Where is Urokodaki? "I'm sorry Shinobu-san, but how did I end up in your estate?" Y/n  asked. Shinobu looked at her. "I found you in a nearby river," Shinobu said. Y/n placed her hand on her chin, thinking deeply. Then her eyes widened. "How long have I been out?" Y/n asked. Shinobu placed a finger on her chin. "I'd say, looking at your pale skin and your pulse, you've been out for five days," Shinobu said thoughtfully. 

"Five days?!" Y/n shouted. Shinobu just smiled at her. "Oh no, I must've drained most of my energy when fighting that demon, and my body must've been carried by the river, grandpa's house is probably way too far," Y/n mumbled. "Grandpa?" Shinobu asked. "My grandpa, he taught me to train for the Final Selection," Y/n explained. "And as I was descending to the mountains, my boyfriend was attacked by a demon and I pushed the demon off the cliff, I finished him off with one of the most energy-draining forms I have, and that probably explains why I had been passed out for so long," Y/n added. 

Shinobu listened carefully and nodded along the way, meaning that Y/n should continue. "And, that's how you probably found me," Y/n said. 

"Oh my, that's very unfortunate, I'm sorry about you losing contact with your grandpa and boyfriend," Shinobu said with a small voice. "It's alright, at least they're safe," Y/n said slowly but her eyes tell a different story. Shinobu noticed as she took the girl's hand. "It's alright, you'll meet him in the Final Selection," Shinobu said. "The Final selection!" Y/n exclaimed as she snapped with her free hand. Shinobu chuckled. "Shinobu-san," Y/n said as she held Shinobu's hands. "I accept to be your apprentice!" Y/n exclaimed. Shinobu just smiled. "Splendid!" she smiled. 

Y/n would've asked to go back to Urokodaki, but why didn't she? Because she knew that the estate and the hut is way too far of a distance. So, for now, she would train in the butterfly hashira's estate. 

"Y/n-chan, your training will start tomorrow, so for now, rest and eat well," Shinobu said before she close the door and Y/n looked down. She noticed her normal kimono had been replaced with a white silk kimono that hugged her body perfectly with a ribbon that was wrapped around her waist. She smelled a delicious scent as three girls opened the door and went inside, giving y/n the tray of food. "Hello Lady Kigiku!" they greeted in sync. 

One of them wore a blue tie around their waist and her hair was in low pigtails. One has a pink tie tied around their waist and her hair were in high pigtails. As the last one was wearing a green tie around her waist with braids. "Allow us to introduce ourselves! My name is Sumi," the blue one said. "My name is Kiyo!" the pink one smiled brightly. "And I am Naho!" the green one introduced herself.