Ruka Sarutobi

"I know that I've been irresponsible and I finally understand what real suffering was so that I could be more compassionate to others but I promise you that I'm gonna do right by our name, this time

"I know that I've been irresponsible and I finally understand what real suffering was so that I could be more compassionate to others but I promise you that I'm gonna do right by our name, this time." - Ruka Sarutobi

Name: Ruka Sarutobi

Ruka Sarutobi, named by her grandfather in honor of her late grandmother, is a formidable ninja hailing from the prestigious Sarutobi Clan and Senju Clan. In Part I of her journey, she was between the ages of 12 and 13, standing at a height of 150 cm to 151.2 cm. As Part II commenced, she grew into her teenage years, ranging from 15 to 17 years old, and her height increased to 168 cm. During the Blank Period, she reached a height of 170 cm.

Born into an esteemed lineage, Ruka shares a connection with legendary figures in the shinobi world. Her great-grandfather is Hashirama Senju, the renowned First Hokage, and her great-granduncles include Tobirama Senju and Kawari Senju. Furthermore, her great-grandmother is Mito Uzumaki, adding the blood of another esteemed clan to her heritage. Within her immediate family, Ruka's grandfather is Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Third Hokage, and her grandmother is Biwako Sarutobi. Asuma Sarutobi, her uncle and surrogate father, played a crucial role in her upbringing. Additionally, her aunt and godmother is Tsunade Senju, the Fifth Hokage. Ruka's younger brother is Konohamaru Sarutobi.

In terms of her ninja career, Ruka started as a Genin and progressed to the rank of Chunin in Part I. By Part II, she had achieved the rank of Jounin, displaying her exceptional skills and dedication to her craft. As a member of the Sarutobi Clan and Senju Clan, Ruka possesses powerful clan jutsu, including Fire Release and Wood Release techniques.

Ruka's personality is a complex blend of traits. While initially stoic and unsympathetic towards her team members and friends, especially shown through her disrespect towards Kakashi, she gradually evolves into a more playful and caring individual as she develops closer bonds with them. She consistently puts their needs above her own and demonstrates a genuine concern for others she perceives as independent beings. However, Ruka struggles with expressing her emotions openly, often masking her true feelings beneath a cold exterior.

Passionate and focused, Ruka possesses a strong drive to accomplish missions. She can be stubborn when challenged and has gone to extreme lengths, such as purposely getting herself kidnapped, to aid her team in fulfilling their mission objectives. While several male characters, including Nara Shikamaru, Rock Lee, and Uchiha Sasuke, have shown interest in Ruka, it is evident that most of their affections are unrequited. Nevertheless, Ruka harbors a significant crush on Hyuga Neji and has developed multiple crushes on older individuals such as Umino Iruka, Hatake Kakashi, and Might Gai.

After a two-year period, Ruka undergoes noticeable maturity and detachment, while still retaining her sense of humor. However, the tragic death of Asuma has a profound impact on her. She becomes more withdrawn, isolating herself from others and struggling to fulfill her responsibilities.