CHAPTER 48

Analise's POV

"Can I have a dance with my gorgeous lady?" Alexander asked as he got up from his throne, a small smile on his face.

"The lady needs time to ponder about it." I pretended to be in deep thought.

"We both know what your answer would be little wolf." He shook his head. I rolled my eyes, getting up. I placed my hand in his extended one, letting him help me down the stairs.

A soft melody filled the room as we walked to the centre of the room. Many others found a pair as they followed our lead.

Alexander turned me around, his hand snaking around my waist and pulling me in. One of my hands rested on his defined shoulder while he held the other gently in his free hand. We both swayed slowly to the rhythm of the music.

His eyes had a strange sparkly in his eyes as he looked at me. Something I had not seen before and I wished I could take this look and keep it locked somewhere so that whenever I felt low, I could simply take it out and watch it. It was mesmerising to see that side of him. Although rare, the effect was still there.

"Why are you looking at me like this?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I cannot believe that I actually have you by my side. It feels like a dream and I never want to wake up from it."

"Me neither." I replied. "But it is real." I reminded him. "You and I. We are very real and together. And, you are not going to get rid of me anytime soon. I can be very clingy." I joked, removing my hand from his and snaking both around his neck. His hands come to rest around my waist.

"I don't mind it." He pecked my lips. "This way you will be by my side all the time."

I chuckled, shaking my head at him. "You would love that wouldn't you?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Not more than I love you."

"Since when did you get this cheesy?" I feigned disgust.

"I bet you like it though right?"

"I mean," I trailed off, letting out a laugh as he pulled me closer to him.

My hands moved down his neck to his biceps before resting my head on his chest. I let out a content sigh, melting into his hold. He rests his chin on my head his hands moving up and down in a relaxing way on my back.

At that time, it felt like everything had faded into nothing. It was just the two of us in our own little world. No shitty past between us. No vampires. No werewolves. Nothing.

It was just us.

Our world.

"Xander," I asked as the floor got more crowded with people. I pulled back, looking at him. "Do you mind if I go back to the room? I am kind of tired."

"It's ok." He reassured me, his eyes roaming around the crowded room. "Go ahead, I will join you in a while. Diana will help you back to our room." He said before he mind linked Diana.

"You don't have to leave early. I will be fine." I said as I saw Diana coming towards us.

"I will join you in a while." He simply said, pressing a kiss on my forehead.

"Ready to go?" Diana said, looping her hand with mine. "Yeah." I smiled at her as she led me outside the room towards our room. After I thanked her, she went back to party while I got out of the dress and chose one of Alexander's shirt to wear since I had yet to unpack.

'Even if you did unpack, you would still wear his clothes.' Crescent commented.

"No I would not." I retorted before going to the bathroom and washing my face as well as let my hair free.