35. foghorn

Chapter 35

Oriya Deronte

The alarm clock next to my bed read 3:36AM. I turned my head to look at Vincent. He was sound asleep, not moving a muscle. I learned somewhere to blow on their eyes if you think they're not asleep so that's what I did.

I leaned closer to him and blew on his eye. Nothing. He didn't move a muscle. He laid completely still.

It was unbelievably hard to sleep next to this Greek god and not have sinful thoughts go through your mind 24/7. I stared at him as he slept like a creep before I finally got  my head out of the gutter and rolled out of bed.

I was bored and was craving cookies. The only problem was that we didn't have any more cookies, but we did have cookie dough. It was too late for me to go get cookies so why not. I've never done it but how hard could it possibly be?

I clicked on the lights and rolled up my sleeves. Making  little balls of the cookies, I placed them on a pan. I preheated the oven to 350° and placed the cookies inside. There were still some leftover chocolate chips so I decided to melt them and make some s'mores.

I decided to burn them over the gas on the stove. Which I immediately regretted. The smore caught on fire and it slightly burned my hand so I threw it on the fire, which only caused it to grow even bigger.

Which made the fire alarm go off. Fuck.

I jumped on the kitchen island and frantically waved a towel at the sensor. It finally died down and I turned around to see everyone standing at the kitchen entrance, staring at me.

Sarah was in Vincent's arms while Ryder was on his back. The kids were half asleep. Vincent gave me a blank look. Vincent was also very shirtless. His abs were on full display and I was here for it to be honest.

Theo shaked his head at me, as did Sienna. Lucas stared at me in incredulity while Kena smacked her hand on her head in disappointment. I think it's safe to say I was none of their favourite right now.

"Look everyone, it's a rare breed of stupid. One for the zoo's." Vincent spoke, causing everyone to chuckle.

"It was an accident." I mutter as I step down from the island. I swung the towel over my shoulder and awkwardly stood there as everyone stared at me in silence.

"Turn off the oven before you burn us all down stupid." Vincent grumbles.

I narrow my eyes at him but turn it off anyway.

"You guys want to go for a walk?" Theo asks.

"At 4 in the morning? You must be out of-" Lucas says before he gets cut off by Kena.

"Yeah, why not. Everyone's awake. You don't have to come." She crosses her arms as she walks to the front door with Theo and Sienna.

"Wait for me!" Lucas runs after them.

Vincent leans on the frame of the entrance as he watches me put everything away. Sarah and Ryder nag me to give them a bite of the cookie and when I do, they grimace and hand it back to me.

Vincent chuckles at their actions as he crouches down and tells them to go with the other four.

"Hey! We're leaving! You guys take too long!" Sienna says but I don't miss the way she winks at me.

He stalks over to me as I wash the pan and stands beside me. He crosses the arms and I gape at them with not even an ounce of embarrassment.

"If you wanted cookies, you could have woken me up. I always make cookies for Sarah." He mumbles.