1.50

» Time tells all. «

Lesson #14: Good things come to those who wait.

Dedicated to: ALL OF YOU THAT ARE STILL HERE OMG I HAVEN'T UPLOADED IN HALF A YEAR I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY

A/N ~ I hope this chapter lives up to your expectations of my writing... I realised a while ago I had this chapter sitting here waiting but I thought I would post it now as I'm procrastinating sleep lol

POV: Johnny Orlando

˚✧₊⁎༄

˚✧₊⁎༄

Single parenting was becoming harder by the day. Winter was settling in, so I couldn't go outside with the kids in the evenings, and they were becoming tireder and more restless as a result. I was being as positive as I could under the circumstances, but even I found myself putting the twins to be earlier every night.

Unfortunately, that barely eased my problems. When the kids were fast asleep in their beds, I was wasting away the evenings alone. The wild and stormy weather would rage outside, and even after lighting the fire and some candles to make the house more cosy, it still put a huge damper on my mood.

I knew my love was making her way back to me, but it was taking longer than I expected. The initial hope I had at her imminent return had deflated, but now I was stuck in a loop of being lonely and missing her. It had been one thing to be happy for her and let her have her peace, but now that I knew we were on the same page in our relationship I craved her company. All I wanted to do on the cold nights I spent alone was just to sit by the fire with her by my side and the kids in our arms, reading books and chatting the nights away. It had been something we had taken to doing before she left, and I held the memory close to my heart.

I snapped out of my thoughts and returned to the moment at hand when one of my darling children ran up behind me and gave me a sopping wet hug. We were attending their weekly swimming lessons, and as I had been thinking to myself, one of the twins had saw an opportunity and taken it.

I turned my head to find the culprit, and laughed when I saw Breas little body gripping the backs of my legs as hard as she could. I exclaimed loudly in annoyance for her benefit, and she dissolved into giggles. While I bent down and was preoccupied with complaining, I didn't see Max streaking up to me on his little legs and jumping on my shoulders. They both thought it was hilarious. So did all the other parents and kids.

I resigned in defeat, embracing that I was just going to have to drive myself home in wet clothes that smelled very strongly of chlorine. I let them have their fun. They were having less and less of it nowadays, and anything that made them happy made me happy.

I carried them both out of the pool, not worrying about fussing around to get them changed, as I knew we could at home. They insisted on blasting their CD in the car, and we sang along to random nursery rhymes and kids songs as I drove.

As we pulled into our driveway, I mentally did a stock take of what we had in our fridge that we could have for tea, but it came up blank. I was definetly going to be rummaging around to make something tonight; I hadn't been grocery shopping in at least a week. I sighed as I parked the car. Oh well, I'd worry about it after the little ones had showered.

I realised after I'd gotten out my keys to let us in that I must have forgotten to lock the door, as it hadn't been locked while we were away. Only when I stepped inside, I was immediately suspicious. Something was different. I stood in the doorway even though the kids were complaining of the cold.