39. movie night

Chapter 39

Vincent Laurent

It was 4 in the morning and I decided I would just go watch TV. The thunder wasn't allowing me to sleep anyway. When I woke up, the brat wasn't beside me. I figured she just went to use the bathroom.

As I walked down the steps in the dark, I could hear someone laughing outside the front door. Puddles were splashing around, as if someone was jumping on them. The laugh seemed rather familiar.

I cracked the door open just a little and saw Oriya with her hands wide open and she smiled to the pouring sky. She was completely drenched. Head to toe. God knows how long she's been out here. The brat would catch a cold. Stupid girl.

I leaned against the doorframe as I gape at her.

I felt at peace as I watched her dance carefree in the rain. She was absolutely beautiful. Her moves were very random and looked absolutely absurd but I didn't care. It was still beautiful in my eyes.

Everything she did was beautiful in my eyes.

I had to stop myself from letting a smile creep up on my face before she found out I was here, watching her. I felt my cheeks heat up as she laughed once again towards the sky. Thunder crashes down and her smile only grows larger.

I was jealous of the way the rain got to touch her. Every part of her. She was truly hypnotic. No matter how hard I tried, she broke through the walls I had built up. Not that I minded. They were only ever hers to break anyway.

I didn't care anymore. I reached my hand forward, into hers. It must've caught her by surprise because she stumbled back and almost fell but I caught her. Thunder crashed as my hand held hers.

She stared at me for a couple seconds, confused, before smiling the most beautiful and perfect smile. She pulled me closer to her and started dancing like a dumbass again. I didn't know what that smile made me feel but I absolutely loved it.

We danced together like two fools for the rest of the time that it rained. We didn't talk. We simply danced and laughed. Her hair was tied up in a little bun that fell apart with how she was aggressively dancing.

I'm sure I looked stupid but if looking stupid made me feel this good, then I wanted to look stupid for as long as I live. I spun her around and dipped her down. She closes her eyes and lightly laughs as the small drops of water hit her face.

She scrunches her face as opens her eyes. We stare at each other. I pull her up and she gets on her tippie toes to push the hair falling over my face.

She turned around and stared dancing again. I frown at the lost contact. I run my hand through my hair and pull out the strand again, hoping she would realize.

I watch as she twirls around, stumbling on her own two feet. She suddenly stops and her gaze locks on my hair. She lightly shakes her head before she pulls me down to hear and pushes my hair back.

That was the moment where I realized how incredibly in love with her I was. Every inch of her. Every part of her. I was so damn in love with her. Head over heels for her. Only and only her.

Oriya fucking Deronte was the one for me.

She was my reason. My reason to breathe. My reason to live. My reason to laugh. My reason to wake up. She was my fucking reason. The only reason I needed, the only reason I wanted.

I let a smile grace my lips as I watch her frolic around like an idiot.

***

I sit in front of the mirror, shirtless as I stare at the stupid Tic Tac Toe game I've been re-drawing since the day we played it. I tried to get myself to wash it off the other day but I just couldn't fucking do it.