41. missed calls and texts

Chapter 41

Vincent Laurent

I feel the whole world crumble beneath my feet as I watch her car drive off in the distance. I feel myself getting cold and it's not because of the weather. Why is she leaving? She told me she wouldn't leave. She told me she would stay.

I pinch my eyes to keep the tears in. They turn out to be too strong and a few fall through. I wipe them away before anyone sees. I feel my whole body tremble at the thought of her no longer being here with me. My body gives out and I fall to my knees.

Theo crouches down next to me, "Vincent, tell us what happened. We can help."

"She thought I was going to give her up. She read the email." I answer, my voice shaking.

"The one from Angelo? The one you told us about?" Lucas asks, running his hand through his hair.

I nod in response as I was unable to speak. They both mutter something as they talk to each other. I stared at the way her car went before getting up and walking back inside. Sarah runs up to me, asking where Ryder went but I gave her to Theo. I couldn't take it right now.

The first thing I see when I walk in is her print on my bed. I can still smell her divine scent, lingering in the room. My clothes that she had worn are scattered around on the floor. I picked one article up.

It smelled like myself with a whiff of her. I took a seat on the bed, replaying everything that just happened in my head. She said it was over. I didn't want it to be over. Theo and Lucas walk in, taking a seat on either side of me.

They didn't ask about the email because they knew. They were with me when I got it and when I replied. I was supposed to talk to Oriya about it the other day but then Ryder got hurt and it slipped out of my head.

"Did you explain it to her?" He questions.

"She didn't let me." I say, my fingers rubbing my temples as I think about what I'm going to do.

"Fuck, she probably thought you were actually going to." He pinches his nose.

"No shit." I grumble.

flashback

"Do you know how many marshmallows I can stuff in my mouth at once?" Lucas said, catching the ball he threw at the wall.

"Do you know how much I don't care?" I grunt.

Why the fuck was he even here? I sure as hell didn't invite him. Just as Thing 1 opened his mouth to respond to me, Thing 2 walked into my office. Why doesn't the whole fucking house just come in here?

"What are you guys doing?" Theo asks, sitting down on my couch.

"Having fun, like best friends do." Lucas grins.

I grimace at the fact he called me his friend. Even worse, his best friend. How disrespectful of him. I would never be friends with that.

My laptop makes a sound, alerting me that I received an email. I furrowed my eyebrows, it was from an unknown person. I clicked it and read over it. My mouth parts from the unexpectancy of it and I wave over Lucas and Theo to read it.

"Holy shit." Lucas breathes out, "Wait. We're not giving her up though, right?"

I looked him up and down, "Are you stupid? Fuck no. Never." He thinks I would? That's fucking funny.

"Wait, I think it's legit. The cars were actually registered under William Jones and the rope shit, I figured that one out the day I saw the marks." Theo said.