45. tolerate

Chapter 45

Oriya Deronte

Tina stumbles back at the impact. She falls flat on her ass and a high pitched scream leaves her mouth. She grunts and gets back up on her feet. Her foot comes to my face but I dodge. I let a cocky smile onto my face, just to spite her.

A pair of footsteps echo through the room as they rush down the steps to arrive wherever the fuck I am. My men are finally fucking here. Took them long enough. Tina stills in her position and reached behind her back.Her hand comes back out with a knife as she circles around me.

She stands behind me as her knife is held to my neck. The two men bring out their guns and point it to the doors. Tina was breathing heavily behind me and her hand was shaking against me.

Who let this woman kidnap someone and become an assassin? I would like to talk.

My own breathing and heart paces as I wonder if whichever one of my men this was, would die before they get me free. Judging by the footsteps, only one person came down here for me. The steps stop as they reach the bottom.

The place gets quiet and the only thing you can hear is each other's breathing. I tug on the ropes holding my arms up, hoping they would fall down but they fall down. They're tied with metal for fucks sake.

A small bomb gets thrown into the cell. My eyes widened.

I don't know if they made a separate plan without me but I do not remember saying to fucking blow me up with the Australian mafia. This was not the plan.

"Well... fuck." I said, accepting the fact I was going to die today.

Tina drops the knife and in that split second the bomb goes off. I close my eyes, waiting for an explosion but nothing happens. I hear 3 gun shots ring in the air. I scream, assuming one of them hit me.

"Stop screaming, witch." A voice I know all too well speaks.

I open one eye to see Vincent standing there with a scowl on his face as he breaks the lock on the door with his bare hands.

The room was smokey instead of burning down with fire. I look at the little device on the ground and see that it's releasing smoke. It was a smoke bomb. I cover my nose and mouth with my shoulder, wiping my tears as I do.

I gape at him, unable to say anything. He walks in and stands directly in front of me. He uses his knife and cuts the rope down, letting my arms free. I still sit on the ground, staring at the dork as contentment runs through my veins.

I look at the people in the room. I can tell none of them are dead as their chests go up and down slowly and barely.

"I'm not going to kill them yet. They hurt you so I'll hurt them worse." He speaks.

His eyes finally go over my current clothing and he tilts his head.

"What happened here?" He asks, taking off his jacket and putting it around me. He crouches down in front of me and runs his thumb along the little cut on my cheeks. His lips curve down into a frown as he raises his eyebrow at me.

He notices my tear stained cheeks as well and his frown only gets deeper as confusion glints in his eyes.

I decided not to tell him what Tina and her men tried to do. Knowing him, he would kill them, bring those three back to life just to kill them again.

"You're here for me?" I ask. I thought he wouldn't, considering how much he hated the plan.

"You're one of the two people I can tolerate. Of course I'm here." He said, shrugging his shoulders.