Twenty Nine

The months passed us by and the last moments of junior year were amazing. Camille and Lauren and Mia and I won the spartan spirit sisters award again.

Liam and the guys led Somerset High to a state title in lacrosse, and he won in more ways than one that night.

I got to see him and Sam fight, and I'm not sure I'll ever forget Ollie's horrified expression when a bloodied Sam embraced him.

Lauren and Boston went to prom together and with my help, he's going to pick out an engagement ring for her any day now.

Audrey Rose turned 1, she's learned to walk and seems to understand most directions though she's not talking yet.

We never heard from Emmett again, Sam seemed to be okay with that though. What I'd heard behind the hospital that night still gave me chills at times, but it was nothing more to worry about.

Brandon and Lauren and Boston graduated, it was a tear filled day. They are all going to Syracuse in the fall.

We sat for the SATs and our final exams. Mrs. Baker bid us farewell from her first period English class, she always knew Liam and I would get together.

Speaking of which, Nurse Lucy was very proud of Liam for finishing junior year with straight As and a shiny new varsity letter for lacrosse. Not as proud as she was that he found a girl his mom would have loved though.

Camille and Asher? Well theirs will surely be a tearful goodbye. He leaves for Paris in a few weeks. I haven't seen her much these last months. Her and Asher are busy with Audrey Rose and with their respective portfolios.

I walk hand in hand with Liam down the hall to meet everyone out by the stadium one last time before the summer whisks us away to vacations.

My hand meets the scuffed metal of my locker and I remember our first kiss. Liam spins me around and presses me into it once more as a reminder. His lips meet mine.

I don't have a spell this time. I haven't for some time now. I finally was able to be normal, to manage my life as best as possible and to be happy.

Out in the stadium everyone is sitting and laughing, waiting for us. The eldest three have their diplomas in hand from pickup, Mia has her pompoms stashed away. Camille sits close to Asher with a camera around her neck showing him excitedly.

Ollie and Sam munch on some grapes while they wait, Sam is going camping with Ollie's family this weekend.

I look out to the field and the school beyond it with a smile.

I did what I came to do, I spent junior year with the people I love. And I learned to love some new people as well.

***

"Liam, you know what?" I ask, nudging him from the couch in my attic.

"What?" He laughs.

"Look at the wall."

He stood and went to inspect. Turning, he regarded me with happy tears.

"It's me. On the wall." He whispered. "I'm on the wall."

"I promised you would be one day." I laugh.

"I love you, Evangelina." He breathes out in awe.

"I love you, Liam." I smile. "Or should I say, Rose King?"

"Oh shut up, it's cool."

THE END

A/N: perhaps not the ending you were expecting, but I needed to put this book to rest and I felt a conclusion of sorts was in order. Candid and the other installments will be coming soon, but Evie and Liam's story has come to a close.

Thank you for coming on this crazy journey with me! I can't believe Nap Queen is almost at 2 million!

If you enjoy my writing then I encourage you to follow me and check out The Oracle's Quest, it's my best work yet.

- Maiya