Transferee

Marinette's POV:

Felix had driven me home last night. My parents were worried about me, and I finally cracked. I had told them everything, and they had exchanged some good news.

Lila and Alya were going to court. 

A great feeling had washed over me. It was great and all, but...

What about my class?

I stood infront of the school, palms sweating. A breeze blew in and I wrapped Felix's jacket around me tighter. He had given it to me before he left. He also gave me some herbs to make tea with. Strange.

Felix had said that he was staying in Auteuil-Neuilly-Passy (The area where he lives), but I had my fingers crossed that he was going to come to check on me.

I really hoped that the class knows about the incident. Because if they didn't and believed something else...

I would be dead the moment I walked in.

Suddenly, Chloe ran from the steps and gave me a hug, followed by Nino, Juleka, Rose, and Max.

OMG, Marinette, we're so glad you're alright!" Chloe happily said, a tear at her eye.

I blinked twice, not believing what I was seeing.

Chloe, being nice?!

"Uh, thanks for caring-"

"We thought you were dead!" Rose cried, hugging me.

"Guys are you okay-"

"We're fine," Max stated, fiddling his thumbs. He grinned. "Just excited to see you back in one piece. We got the evidence, and the footage. Lila and Alya will pay for what they've done-"

"And what did they do exactly?"

Adrien stood there, folding his arms. The rest of the class stood behind him. He looked at me in disbelief. 

"Wow, Marinette. Why couldn't you have been kinder to Alya and Lila? Now they are going to jail for no reason! I've told you this many times." He rolled his eyes. "Lila's lies don't hurt anyone, and they certainly don't hurt you-"

I ripped off Max's glasses and chucked them at Adrien, clocking him in the forehead. He staggered back, then regained his stance.

"Max, I'll get you new glasses sometime after this, but seriously..." I stared at Adrien, rubbing his head.

"Get some glasses and some eyes, f*cking Agreste."

Tears burned at my eyes. It was silent for a second. Adrien opened his mouth to reply, but I shot him a glare, eyes ablaze.

"DID YOU NOT NOTICED HOW BROKEN I LOOKED WALKING INTO CLASS EVERYDAY? DID YOU EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE MY DISAPPEARANCE THESE PAST FEW DAYS?!" I yelled in rage.

Adrien stiffened.

"Marinette-"

"Just shut up, you didn't," I choked, looking away. I halfheartedly smiled.

"Wow, Agreste. All this time you've been thinking that you weren't under her influence, but you're just as under it as everyone behind you."

I saw his twitching hand clench into a fist. Suddenly, my mind flashed to Alya, grinning and holding a knife.

I sadly smiled, looking at the fist, internally shaking.

"Hit me."

He hesitated for a second, then immediately rushed towards me. Chloe screamed and tried to stop him, but Kim was holding her back.

I honestly didn't care anymore. I squeezed my eyes shut, bracing for the impact.

It never came. 

I opened my eyes again, stunned.

Felix was standing in front of me, blocking my head with his hand, palming Adrien's fist. Adrien lowered his hand in shock. The class murmured. Felix smirked, touching his palm.

"Your punches are weak, cousin. Barely a scratch." Felix yawned, and rested his hand on the back of my head, secretly checking on the scar. I glanced at him beside me, and he winked. My pupils dilated as I silently smiled.

He cared.

"Let her go," he ordered, looking at Kim with a scorching gaze. He let go of Chloe immediately, and she walked back over to me, standing on my right. 

Felix walked up to Adrien, leering at him. He laughed bitterly, staring Adrien dead in his eyes. 

"Hit her and you suffer. Touch her and you die..."

His gazed iced over as darkness shadowed his face.

"Hurt her and I'll shatter you."