'Shopping' with Mom (Eda x Child Reader)

🥳🥳🥳🥳Request🥳🥳🥳🥳

———————————————————

Eda's P.O.V

*ding dong*

'Oh come one. I'm trying to brew a potion here, Hooty who is it?'

'A stranger just dropped of a package then disappeared, I think the package is moving' the house demon responds.

'Moving package? That can't be good' I mumble before moving to the door. I look down at the door step and see that the so called package was a kid, a baby witch wrapped up and in a basket. 'What the hell?' I see a note poked in with the kid.

'They found me. I'm running out of time and can't say much. I'm cashing in that I owe you,  just please take care of her
-An old friend'

'Oh no' I mutter realising that the Emperor has finally caught them. I look down at the small witchling in my arms. 'Guess I've gotta look after you now too. C'mon lets get you inside'

—————
Casually skipping multiple years of the readers life.
—————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

'(Y/N)! Get your but down here!' Eda calls from downstairs.

'Coming!' I say, heading down to her. 'Need something?' I ask as I come down the stairs and see her looking through some book.

'There you are, I need you to come into town with me to get some ingredients for this potion I'm making' she explains, putting the recipe book down.

'Don't I usually stay and look after king? He is a baby after all' I state, turning to look at the baby demon.

'Eh he'll be fine besides I need your help'

'So you need me to steal something while you make a distraction'

'Exactly! Now lets go, these ingredients won't steal themselves'

———————————————————

'Good snatch kiddo, now what's next on the list' Eda asks.

The two of us had spent the day in the market, going from stand to stand in search for the items on Eda's list.

'Alright we've found the firebee honey, griffin feathers, echomouse hairs and ratworm saliva so all we need is...... do we really need that or do you just want it?'

'Mama needs her night juice (Y/N)'

'Fine, we still need to get apple blood then' I read the final item on the list.

'And I know the perfect place to get it' Eda says, gesturing to a stand that just happened to be surrounded by Emperor's Coven guards. 'Alright so here's the plan (Y/N)-'

'You're gonna lead most of the guards away, then I'll sneak around and grab a crate and then you'll come pick me up on Owlbert. We've been doing this since I was five Eda'

'That's my girl' Eda praises, ruffling my hair before running off to cause a distraction. 'HEY! I AM EDA THE OWL LADY! THE MOST POWERFUL WITCH ON THE BOILING ISLES!' Eda says causing 9/10 of the guards to chase after her.

Next part was my job. All I need to do is sneak up to the stand, grab a crate and bolt like there's no tomorrow.

'Hey kid what're you doing!?' The last guard asks me as soon as I get my hands on the crate.

'I, umm, well... byyyeeeeee!' I yell as I run away from the markets.

'Hey get back here!' They yell as they chase after me.

One disadvantage that comes with being a child, you can't exactly outrun a fully grown adult.

'EDAAAA WHERE ARE YOU?' I whine, the guard gaining on me.

'Gotcha' she says as she grabs my by my shirt. 'Sorry I took so long kiddo. Ditching those guards took more effort than I thought it would. Magic's been getting worse thanks to the curse. You alright?'

'Yeah I'm fine. Speaking of the curse, I managed to grab these too' I smile, holding up a sack of elixirs that I snatched.

'Would you look at that! Good going kid! Now let's go home, we've had a full day' Eda says as we fly back to the Owl House on Owlbert. 'How about I make your favourite tonight? I'm pretty sure there's some leftover griffin eggs'

'YES PLEASE!'

'Sure thing kiddo'

———————————————————

G'DAY MATES!

Still hyped as hell for season 3 of Amphibia.

As usual I hope that you're all getting enough sleep, drinking enough water and most of all staying positive.

That's all from me so I'll cya later mates 😁