Chapter Seventy - Tyson

Tyson ~

Dane helped Kinsley up the front steps as I waited for Vincent and Adriana to arrive. My eyes narrowed as soon as he pulled into the driveway and I paid close attention to the nagging voice in my head, telling me that something wasn't right with that dude.

Adriana didn't appreciate my skepticism one bit and made me aware of her disapproval, glaring at me as she stepped out of the passenger seat.

Hate me if you want to Adriana, but I don't trust your boy. This shit doesn't add up and my gut is telling me he's involved.

"Set Kinsley up in her room. I'm gonna put Xander outside her door." I said over my shoulder, getting a nod of approval from Dane.

After the shit storm that Angelo had caused, I was forced to reevaluate my entire security team, keeping only my most trusted and loyal men around Kinsley.

I approached Xander, giving him a quick slap on the shoulder.

"I need you outside Kinsley's door. Somethin doesn't feel right and I'm not taking any chances." I said in a low voice that only he could hear.

"Sure thing Boss." Xander said without question before immediately turning around and heading toward Kinsley's room.

My eyes were glued to Vincent - the stranger that was entering my house who could quite possibly be behind poisoning my girl. Disgust filled my gut as soon as he approached and I didn't even try to hide it.

"Go wait with Kinsley in her room." I said to Adriana.

"I'm not your dog Tyson. You can't tell me what to do or where to wait. I'm staying with Vincent."

I don't have time for this shit Adriana. Move your ass. 

Running my hand through my hair, I clenched my jaw, fighting back the urge to yell in her face to get her ass in that room right fucking now. Before I could speak, I heard Vincent address the issue.

"You aren't going to want to see this. It's probably better if you wait inside." Vincent said in a loving tone, but I wasn't buying it. No one received my trust without earning it and Vincent had yet to do that.

Adriana huffed out a pouty juvenile protest, but ultimately gave in and went inside to join Kinsley.

Good. I don't need to be worrying about you two while I'm working.

As soon as she was out of sight Vincent followed me down to the basement along with Dane who joined us as soon as he got the girls settled in Kinsley's room. Once the three of us reached the basement the smell of sweat and copper filled the air and I knew that Lucas had already been putting in work on the bartender.

"Got him all nice and talkative?" Dane asked, surveying the blood soaked concrete and the spatters of red that had stained Lucas' shirt.

"Says his name is Tom. He admitted to drugging the girls, but won't say who he's working for. Claims to be some local creep who was just trying to get some tail." Lucas said with a vicious tone as he glared down at the bartender who was laying on the floor in his own blood.

"You know this guy?" I asked Vincent who recoiled his head in confusion.

"What? No. Never seen him before tonight."

I made eye contact with Dane who was clearly having the same level of skepticism when it came to Vincent.

Giving my men a hand motion, they quickly moved to lift the bartender up to a standing position as I moved toward my knives that were out on display.