Traitor

"Didn't you hear?" Slayers whispered among each other like school kids, rumors spreading like wildfire.

"Yeah, there's a traitor within the Corp!" Another slayer whispered.

The saying, "The walls have ears." Is a very real thing, for these rumors had gotten to the Head of the Demon Slayer Corp.

"Welcome to this urgent meeting." Kagaya spoke, his voice calm, a hint of fear hardly noticeable in his voice.

The Pillars all looked around uneasy, what could have him on such edge?

"May I ask what's going on Oyakata-sama?" Obanai spoke up respectfully, all the Pillars minus Uzui and (Y/n) present.

"I have called you here to address rumors around the Slayers today." Kagaya took a deep breath, "I'm afraid that these rumors are to be true, and that there is possibly a traitor among the ranks."

Sanemi's eyes narrowed, Obanai's soon after.

Shinobu looked intrigued, Mitsuri looking worried.

Gyomei rubbed his praying beads together and mumbled quite prayers.

Muichiro and Giyu seemed to be unaffected by the news.

"I would request you all keep an eye out and an ear to the ground." Kagaya stated, skeptical of who it could be.

"Hai!" All of them said in sync, though they felt something odd. Something that made goosebumps appear on their skin, something felt radically off, like a piece of a puzzle was missing. They felt wary about the other Pillars even, all of them tense even in the presence of Kagaya.

A heavy sense of distrust crept into all the Pillars, all of them looking around like predators looking at competition.

Sakura was the first to stand up, raising her hand, "Oyakata-sama." She spoke firmly, the other Pillars looking at her in skepticism or shock.

"She knows."

Sorry for the short chapter : )