Who is She?

BE YOUR ENEMY

BE YOUR ENEMY

Rough bites and cuts swelling with blood.
This body is unforgiving. Vindictive. Vicious. Vile.
—Unwilling to bear life.
Disintegrate/Dissociate; "Child" , Arielle Twist

Dear Kagami,

Is the dark still cold? Bone chilling? Does the night still whisper incoherent sentences, urging you to follow them into the abyss? Does the screaming, the blood, the fire, does it still plague your thoughts? What about the bodies? Do the bodies still stare back, lifeless, eyes wide open, their hearts unmoving but fingers still twitching?

Is it all still true?

What about those kids? Those with ichor in their veins, their hearts hungry for blood? Are they still sticking by us? Are they still trying to lure you into the bone chilling darkness, into the unsettling abyss? Are they still with us? Sticking to us? Cradling onto us like we are all they have left?

Is it all still true?

Is She still there? She, who has been with us since the day we were born. She, who tries to lure you into that bone chilling darkness, into the unsettling abyss. Is She still here with us? Sticking to us? Cradling onto us like we are all She has left?

Is it all still true?

Sincerely,
Kagami

Saori Kagami is not a good person according to herself. She has blood stained on her hands and a curse lingering in the depths of her mind, and if not careful, can wake at any given moment. Her heart died long ago with the rest of her soul, buried somewhere in the mountains of Japan where Gojō Satoru found her, bloodied, bruised, standing in a puddle of blood. At six years old, the light in her eyes were already dull, nothing there but the light remnants of her past and the void filling blackness of her orbs. Saori Kagami was not alive, she was just living.

The midnight sky pulls her in, begging her to follow into an endless void of she doesn't know what. Her heart and soul may be gone, but her will to live wasn't. Death wasn't assured. Death was unpredictable, erratic, messy, and Kagami didn't like messy. So she'd pull out her weapons, taunt death in the face, saying, "Go ahead and try. I'm already halfway gone."

                      Okkotsu Yūta didn't know what he was. He too was plagued by darkness and death for as long as he could remember, but unlike Kagami, he didn't know if he was a good person. He was just a shell of someone he once was, but again, unlike Kagami, he was willing to try and get that piece of him back.

                      He is lunged into the world of curses and death at random, with nothing but a deadly curse at the tips of his fingers. Death still scares him, and It knows this. It taunts him in the face, holding Its hand out, urging him to follow It into the endless void of no one knows what. His mind says no, but his heart is begging him to become nothing more than a sheep and follow. "Go ahead," Yūta says, "I have nothing to live for anymore."

                      Kagami and Yūta are similar, in a sad, sick, and twisted way. When their worlds collide, chaos ensues. Two cursed beings, too powerful for their own good. Two hurt beings, too far gone to be saved.

                      But Kagami sees something in Yūta. He's like her, she's like him. Death remains hot on their trails, taunting them in their faces, laughing, waiting for the perfect time to strike. "Go ahead," they say, "Try and kill me. Watch what happens."

Saori Kagami / Grade Two

Whether you want it or not, in you sleepsa woman of war

a woman of war.
Hard Damage; "Rilke and I" , Aria Aber

disclaimers —
i do not own any JUJUTSU KAISEN characters or plots, all rights go to the creator, gege akatami. however, i own all original characters and their respected plot lines.

warnings —
this book will contain manga spoilers, jujutsu kaisen 0 spoilers, physical abuse, verbal abuse, mentions of death, blood, suicidal ideation, and gore. please read with caution.

authors note —
yayyyy revamped version of be your enemy finally. it's been such a long semester but i'm finally getting back into writing and i'm so excited to start this book again

i'm basing my character off asa mitaka from chainsaw man and the war devil, but there will be very big differences between the two.

on that note, i will be revamping idea as well and hopefully get my geto fic that i promised forever ago published. both characters (juria and setsuna and some other ocs) will be in this book but you don't have to read idea or my soon geto fic to understand

anyways, i'm happy to republish this and i hope you all love it as much as i do! please vote and comment, it's all very much appreciated!