Chaptet 31 Girl Talk

I didn't know what to say to Xavier.

He didn't stop by at all the week I was out of school. Ivy and Audrey brought me all my homework and kept me updated on everything happening at school.

"And Mrs. Jacobson is just so boring," Ivy groaned. "Like, all she does is stand upfront and go on and on about something old and boring, and that I don't care about."

"It's history class," Audrey reminded her. "It's not meant to be exciting. It's meant to be all about history, hence the name."

Right now the three of us were sprawled out all across my bedroom. Ivy was sitting at my desk, painting her nails a light pink shade that went well with her fair complexion. Audrey was sitting criss-cross at the door of my bed scrolling through her phone, and I was at the top of my bed. My back proper up against the headboard, and my feet stretched out in front of me.

They had come by to drop off my homework and of course, my mom invited them in for dinner. Tonight it was tacos.

"Yeah, but why does it have to put me to sleep?"  Ivy whined.

"Because everything bores you," I laughed.

"Yeah!" Audrey spoke up agreeing with me. "You have an awful attention span. Which is very surprising since your the soon-to-be beta female of the pack."

"Just because I don't like learning about some guy that invited some things and then died at like 28, doesn't mean that I'm a bad female beta," Ivy pointed out.

"How are you passing history?" I asked her amazed.

"It helps that the new teacher is part of the pack and she knows how busy I am."

"Ivy you told Mrs. Jacobson on Wednesday that Xavier mind linked you to meet him ASAP just so you could go home and watch the new episode of 'Criminal Minds,'" Audrey said through laughter.

"It was important," Ivy shrugged. "And it was worth it."

I laughed along with them.

Everything has been so crazy lately that it's nice to feel like a normal teenager. This past week on bed rest had been the best and worst week. The worst because I can't do anything, but the best because it feels normal. Life feels normal again, back when I lived in Arizona and all I had to worry about was getting a sunburn.

"Speaking of Xavier," Audrey said causally. "Have you thought about reaching out?"

Xavier was the one subject none of us had touched. I didn't know what to say to them or to him, I was still processing what my mom told me.

"Why do you ask?" I glanced down at my fingers and absentmindedly started picking away at the faded nail polish I had on.

"Because he's been insufferable this past week!" Ivy exclaimed capping the nail polish and throwing herself onto my bed. "All he's doing is mopping and being annoying and going out for runs just so he can run past your house and check on you.

I could feel my cheeks heat up at the mention that he's been checking up on me. "He's been what?"

"It's not a secret," Audrey added on. "I'm surprised that you haven't brought it up or at least told him to go away. He says out there every night just so he can see you," she pointed at the woods outside my windows.