act II || present

present
present, noun
the period of time happening now

With her secret, being a secret no longer, she can be who she is without her mask. A girl, a young girl who has changed herself so much to fit into this world.

Flaunting herself off without having to worry about being caught, because that already happened. There was not much more to fear anymore, or so she thought.

Despite revealing herself, and making it known to the Council that she would stop them at any costs—the night of the gala a warning to the corrupt—they think that with her out of the way they will be able to fix the set back that she created.

But they are wrong, those who have suffered at the hands of the Council have had enough. These are those who the Council have wrongly punished, the ones who are sick of the abused power, and the ones who just don't believe in all the injusting that the Council is bringing upon their once beautifully peaceful home.

So with the Council plotting whilst Sophie is...occupied...they don't suspect the upcoming threat of the citizens who want a voice.

In the next few months the Lost Cities is not a great place to be in, not even in the cities of the other sentient beings. There are those who are teamed up with the Council and there are the others who are loyal only to the Black Swan—to Sophie.

The Council thinks that by making a show of Sophie, they are trying to scare their citizens into submission. But they only made her into a martyr, like all the heroes she grew up reading about.

Those who are loyal to the cause are not loyal to the cause, they are loyal to her and all that she stands for.

Freedom, equality, peace.