thirteen

Salvatore had taken Lettie with him to where him and his friends always meet. The lounge is known as the gentlemen's club where all the rich and powerful men come and hangout, have a few drinks, eat and leave.

"Where we goin' papa?" Lettie innocently asked Salvatore, swinging one of her legs joyously while he tied her shoe laces.

"We're going to see my friends, little one." Salvatore answered in a soft tone as he finished tying up her shoes. Giving her a little boop on the nose, he picked her up and playfully swung her around, making her squeal and laugh loudly.

Her baby laugh made Salvatore chuckle along as he walked out to the car with her in his arms.

"I thought your fwiends were the people in black clothes! Or Mr guards." She frowned in confusion just as the car pulled away from the mansion.

"Well, they are my friends too but you see, I have many of them. These are my other friends whom I want you to meet, darling." He explained.

"Wow papa has so many fwiends! I'll make lots and lots of fwiends too, papa!" Lettie smiled excitedly.

"I'm sure you'll have more friends than me, little one." He kissed her head.

Salvatore's phone rang. He pulled it out and saw Aries' name flashing on the screen. Groaning he picked it up, knowing that if he didn't, Aries would assume the worst and send a whole ass search party.

"What." He sighed exasperatedly.

"Hey dad, are you two okay? Is Lettie doing-"

"We're both great and having fun. She will talk to you tomorrow, bye son." Salvatore hung up with a smirk on his face.

Once they arrived at the lounge, the driver opened Salvatore's door who moved to pick Lettie up in his arms.

"Papa I walk?" She innocently peered up at her grandfather who melted like ice cream and put her down on the ground.

He held her hand so she wouldn't get lost. Either she was too tiny or he was a giant because Lettie only came up to his lower thigh.

Well he was 6'6 after all.

Lettie held onto his index finger, looking around the big fancy place.

She really liked it.

A very pretty man was walking out of the lounge when he spotted Salvatore.

"Mr.Romano! How are you doing?" The man asked, his brown eyes light with humor.

"Good, Cavell. You?" Salvatore asked in a bored tone. He felt a tug on his pants.

He looked down and saw Lettie making grabby hands as if she wanted to be picked up and held.

He quickly took her back into his arms and Lettie was fast enough to settle and put her head on his shoulder.

Cavell was stumped by this adorable child. She was just so....... CUTE!

Cavell's only weaknesses were cute kids.

Snapping out of it, he looked back to the grandfather-granddaughter pair who were silently observing him. More like judging him.

He cleared his throat.

"Im well, Don. And who might this sweetheart be?" He asked in a baby voice looking at Lettie.

She scrunched her nose. Why was this man acting so weird?

Shrugging and not forgetting her manners, Lettie held her hand out to Cavell.

"Hi Mistwer, I'm Lettie.its nice to mweet you!" She beamed at him, looking really proud of her name.