Chapter 30<3

3rd POV

Before words could be spoken, or looks could be exchanged, Jeremy grabbed Ravens hand just as another song started. Tugging her into his chest, Jeremy swept Raven away.

"You didn't seem too happy dancing with him."

"I wasn't but I need to talk to him, no matter how much I don't want to." Raven mumbles.

"That's fair but it's a shame to see you so....."

"So what?"

"Never mind of that. How is business?"

Raven rolls her eyes, not wanting to talk about this. Deep down she wanted to be back in Jaxons arms, dancing and talking about important things. She had never liked small talk.

"Business is business. How's your father?"

"Sick. Sadly. He has cancer, it's spreading rapidly and he refuses to get chemo." Jeremy said solemnly

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Who was that guy anyway?"

"An old friend."

Just after saying that Raven had realized how quickly she responded....almost as if she were trying to hide something but that wasn't the case. She just simply didn't want to talk about it.

"Please do not feed me lies Raven. I see how you two look at each other but yet you seem so uncomfortable in his arms. Here is what I think, not that you asked for my thoughts."

"I most certainly did not."

"Too bad. I think you want him to be your safe place but he doesn't deserve it. His arms fit so comfortably around you but you feel disgusted at the same time. His voice could lull you to sleep while also bringing nightmares. Am I right? Actually don't answer that, let me finish. I think he deserves one more chance but you must make him work for it, and not talking about some pathetic show of his strength. Make him show he deserves a goddess at his side when he is merely a king. Let him figure out that to have a spot at your side, must take it, not just earn it. He is your one, but for him to take that place he must prove he has changed for you. If a man if not willing to change his ways for the woman he claims to love, he is no man at all."

Jeremy was looking down at Raven intently as she was stuck deep in thought of what he had said. Sure he made a few good points but Jaxon deserved no more chances in her eyes, no matter how much her heart ached to give it to him.

Eventually the song had ended and it was time for Jeremy to take his leave.

Taking her hand in his, he kissed her knuckles with a small smile.

"Make no mistake, we shall meet again Raven."

With that said, Jeremy was off to whatever corner he had come from. Jaxon walked up to Raven and took her hand.

"Trust me?"

"Give me a reason to."

He smiled at that, reminding all the things she had said that.

~ Flash back ~

It was raining outside, flashes of lightning had been seen and big booms of thunder had been heard. The couple had stayed in their apartment, drowning out the storm with laughter and movies. But now it was dark, the temperatures had dropped and now the rain had turned to snow.

Jaxon smiled with an idea flashing through his head. Suddenly he got up, untangling himself from the blanket burrito they had nestled themselves into.

"Go get dressed. I have an idea."

With curiosity, Raven went and got dressed.

They took the elevator down to the ground floor and just before going outside, Jaxon stretched out his hand

"Take my hand, mi amor."

"Give me a reason to."

With a bright smile, the young couple went on an adventure through the peaceful city. The bright light guiding them to no particular destination.

~ End of Flash Back ~

"I've always asked and each time you have said that, I've always done so. So take my hand, and trust me. The say that if he wanted to, he would. So please let me."

With that said, Jaxon extended his hand out waiting to see what decision Raven would make.