- ; [ 004 ]

It's the third day of New Year's celebration and thankfully, you didn't end up in another person's bed. You'd immediately gone to sleep once the night had dawned upon the earth. You and Heinley spent a significant amount of time during the previous day, talking about different topics, ranging from how Navier was when she was younger, to how bitchy and annoying Rashta was, and surprisingly, you enjoyed yourself. And after getting to know him much better, perhaps he was a perfect match for the empress.

Their personalities were an odd mix, which made it all the better, and you truly saw how dedicated the western Prince was to make Navier happy.

You walk along the hallway, admiring the different decorations and gemstones embedded on the ceiling, some of the patterns telling you the tales and secrets history held. Some patterns whisper the lullabies of weeping mothers who've lost their children to slavery, some patterns smile at you with the brightness of the Eastern Empire's success while some cast shadows upon you, reminding you of the war that took place between the Eastern Empire and another Empire roughly 200 years ago.

It still never made sense to you how the war was placed in a different continent, when it was a conflict between two Empires from a faraway continent.

You change your course of thoughts, not wanting to worry about something that's long passed.

You pass by the ballroom where the third Banquet was being held, pausing when you hear the familiar voice of Heinley. From his tone, it would be obvious that he was stirring up more drama than needed. You furrow your eyebrows and shake your head.

You ignore the commotion and continue walking towards the end of the hallway, humming different songs on the way. It was a boring day, and you wanted to relax before attending the last special banquet for tomorrow. There would be no doubt that it would drain most of your energy. No doubt Rashta would be there, judging from the way Sovieshu defended her in front of countless nobles without hesitation.

You find yourself in one of the newly built gardens, the fresh smell of violets and lavender fill your senses and you feel yourself relax, the stress seemingly evaporating from your body. There, in the middle, a gazebo stood, painted and varnished with white paint, round dining glass table and simple built chairs with beige cushions neatly placed within the structure.

The calming sound of running water could be heard, as there was a large pond built behind the said gazebo, only being seen once you're seated within the structure.

You take your time walking towards the gazebo, admiring the details and designs carefully put in place with dedication. From the way the bushes were neatly trimmed and shaped to the healthy bloomed flowers. It was obvious how much they cared for this place, despite it only being new and filled with zero to no memories.

Once you're seated, you scoot closer to the railings to fully take in the view of the clear pond, the exported Koi fish swimming with luxury and glee is the first thing you notice. Then you notice the small castles placed within the water, a few fishes swimming through and in the building.

"It seems like you're enjoying the garden, ( y/n )."

You jolt out of your thoughts once you hear the voice of Navier. You turn and greet her and her ladies-in-waiting with a smile, "Navier, what brings you here? Aren't you supposed to be at the banquet?" you question as you scoot your chair back to its original place while the blonde Empress takes her seat across from you.

"I just needed some fresh air. Aren't you supposed to be attending the Banquet? I have not seen you there at all." She counters, patiently waiting as Countess Joubert pours her tea.

You chuckle, keeping your mouth shut once you realize she's caught you abandoning one of your simple duties as a noble lady.

The food is shortly delivered by a handful of maids who quickly leave.