- ; [ 005 ]

You do, gently closing the glass doors with a click.

With a hum, you move towards your closet, digging for one of your old blankets. You tug out a silk sheet from the very back, grinning in victory once you've pulled it out. Turning to the bird, you dropped it on the Birdbrain prince, waiting for him to turn back into a human.

He does, smoke filling the space where the golden bird once was. Once the smoke clears out, the figure of a naked Heinley wrapping himself up tightly with the blanket you put on him. You whistle teasingly as he sends you an embarrassed glare. "If you're so uncomfortable with being alone in a room with me while you're naked, you should've...I don't know, walked to my room as a human?" You suggest, turning around to give him atleast the privacy he felt comfortable in.

The prince is surprised by the immense lack of formality in your tone, genuinely shocked by the change. Perhaps it was the effect being in a noble circle did to people. "Your room is right by Queen's open door. I don't want her to get the wrong idea." he explains, taking a seat in front of your paper-stacked table.

He scans over the papers, reading the gathered investigation details about bandit hideouts and criminal organizations. Some still have missing details, some have been fully completed, marked with red. (he guessed you'd already taken care of them.) though one thing that piqued his interest was that most of them were far from the city and closer to the borders.

"Surely, you didn't come here just to look around my things." you interject before he could touch the papers.

He pauses, "Is it right for me to assume that you've been invited to the special banquet tomorrow?"

your eyebrow raises at his question, "Of course, I'm one of Navier's closest friends afterall." you hum, walking towards your table, eyes avoiding his bare body as you picked up the papers that were still left unmarked. You lean onto the table, half-sitting on the edge of the table as your wait for his answer.

"The Emperor's concubine is pretending to be Queen." he blurts out.

You choke on your spit, wondering what he had meant by that. Was she claiming to be the Empress of the Eastern Empire to foreign nobles? You glance at him, eyes asking for an answer.

"She claimed to be my pen pal in the middle of a crowd earlier in the banquet."

"What did you do? Did you embarrass her?"

He shakes his head, having the audacity to take your marked papers to read through it even after you had swatted his hands when he tried to touch them. "I thought I'd embarrass her further for the last day of the Banquet."

A chuckle leaves your lips, "and the reason you came to me is because you want my help in further ruining her image?"

He grins at your answer, "Correct."

Silence fills the room for a moment, the only sounds being the crickets humming from outside, creating rather irritating melodies when compared to that of a bird's. The whistle of the winds had died down, softly swaying the leaves in the gardens. It was a peaceful night at most, and a part of you was glad you were no longer forced to sleep through the cheers and shouts of drunken men from outside of the window.

"Well, what do you want me to do?" you ask, placing the papers down on the desk behind you.

"Call her out whenever she lies."

"That's all?"

He nods, shifting through your papers before he turns his head to look at you. "Do you mind if I ask you a favor?"

"Depends on what kind of favor it is."

"These papers suggest that you've already dealt with all criminals listed. And I must say, your research is very impressive. Some have very minimal clues about their locations and yet, you've managed to find them. So, if it would be alright, could you deal with escaped criminals in the Western Kingdom too?" he worded carefully, leaning back on his chair.