Dumb

I hugged the gown and followed Danny from the bath room. I felt at my hair, it's wet in my hand, but some strands have already dried, fluffy against my hand.

We moved up stairs as I quietly trailed after him, not willing to say anything more. He opened the door to my room and I willingly entered, hoping nervously for him not to follow.

"Dinner should be here soon. I'll be back to make sure you've eaten" he explained, shutting the door quietly, the bolt could be heard sliding into place, preventing me from leaving.

Guess he hasn't forgotten my toilet trip. Who is he to prevent something like that? Maybe I should piss all over-

No gross. No matter how frustrated I am, I can't think of doing something so gross. I'll just have to wait for someone to leave it unlocked.

I huffed and moved to the bed, at the very least I don't actually need to go yet. I relaxed against the blankets and hugged the pillow over me, it felt comfortable this way.

He won't be able to say I'm hiding under it now. I couldn't help the jiggle of my belly and harsh exhale of air, I think I'm hilarious.

"Wonder where she is? Could she be under this pillow?!" I snorted, holding back laughter. What's gotten over me? Am I finally going crazy? It feels nice though, to laugh without Danny over my shoulder.

Maybe if the window was a little bigger and easier to see, I could catch a glimpse of the sunset and enjoy the last rays as my kitten. My kitten... I sure miss shifting already and it hasn't been long at all. I guess I used to always shift at least twice a day to relax in the sun and watch the herbivore shifters graze.

My own private spot, high on a special cat tree built just for me, allowing me to stretch and clean my claws. I would reach the highest level, thanks to the easy to climb tiny cat stairs. I'd sleep, warm and happy, tiny in the oval cat bed, that I thought I'd grow into.

What even am I here? Am I supposed to be Danny's and Chloe's slave? I can hardly remember what Bea told me. I know I belong to them, that's for sure.

What's the worst that can happen if I do run? I know I should just do what I've been told and stay here. I know that I've been worrying about my mum, but what could they honestly do?

I sighed and rolled onto my side, hugging the pillow tighter. Maybe I should just try to be good, if anything goes wrong and I'm in danger again, I'll try to get away, but for now, I'll try to learn why I'm here. I don't even know which way home is anyway.

I'll just stick to my main plan, be good and hope I can convince Danny that I'm worth returning home. It'll be hard but maybe he'll believe that I shouldn't be a slave.

Am I a slave?

"Ugh! This is Confusing!" I whined, burying my head into the blanket. Although this is hardly like my time in my cat tower, it's still nice to imagine the sunset, imagine the shifters grazing peacefully. Filling me with calm, helping me think it through properly.

The sound of the bolt sliding out startled me, I sat up and looked at the doorway carefully. A pretty servant entered, she had long legs and reddish hair. She smiled at me as she placed down a tray and left just as quickly.

I sighed and examined my food, a delicious looking meatloaf and vegetables waiting for me. I eagerly ate, free from staring eyes and someone telling me to sit closer.

The small things are really what count to me now, huh?

With a deep breath I filled up a glass with water, watching the cold liquid cascade into the glass. The door creaked open, making me jump.