41:The barrier closed?!

Chapter forty-one:The barrier closed?!

Yu An made up her mind and looked at Xiao, then side glanced at Hua Mian who kept following them around

❝Let's get over with those pestering bandits and then set off to find that tribe and who is behind the parasite. ❞Yu An spoke through spiritual energy so Hua Mian won't hear about their plans.

❝Do we attack them? ❞Xiao asked also thought spiritual energy.

❝Yes. Let's find their base, ask around for the location. ❞Yu An said making Xiao nodd his head and dissappear to find the location.

❝Where did your son went to? ❞Hua Mian asked looking confused at Yu An who leaned her back on a building, resting her eyes.

Hua Mian sighed, disappointed that he's getting rejected, but he didn't wished to just let it go.

❝Isn't he to small to go alone around here? ❞ Hua Mian asked looking at Yu An's indifferent and calm face.

❝When are you going to leave us alone? I'm not one to just kill people without a reason, but you're pushing my buttons. ❞Yu An said opening her golden eyes, giving him a threatening look.

Hua Mian took a deep breath and let the disappointment show on his face.

❝I really just want to get to know you. ❞he said looking into her eyes, searching for a reaction from her.

❝I don't. Scram now. ❞Yu An said.

Xiao returned and whispered the location into Yu An's ear.

❝Let's go. ❞Yu An said, eager to teach the bandits a lesson.

Yu An and Xiao left and were now standing in front of a big inn, that was taken over by the bandits.

Xiao entered first, attracting the attentions of the bandits who had a drink in the lobby.

❝Ha? What's a kid doing here? Have you lost your mama, boy? ❞a man asked looking at Xiao.

Xiao smiled, happy that he got the opportunity to test his new powers so soon.

Yu An followed the boy inside looking around the room, it smelt like sweat which made her grimace.

❝Who's that? ❞one of the drunken men asked, walking closer to take a better look at the person behind Xiao. ❝Ooh, such a pretty woman. Let's spend some time together. ❞ he said grabbing Yu An's arm.

Before he could do or say another thing, his head was flying and hit the ground with a loud thud.

The rest of drunken men were stunned, seeing their friend dead, and the fragile woman carrying a frightening grin on her face, while her eyes expressed mockery.

After they processed the event, anger and the desire to avenge their comrade filled them, making the drunken men attack the frail woman.

Xiao let the demonic energy materialize into tentacles that shot at the men, pinning them to the ground and squeezing them slowly.

Screams filled the room, as the drunken men were slowly squeezed by the tentacles controlled by Xiao.

Yu An filled herself a cup of wine and drank it in one go.

❝Cheap. ❞ she said scoffing, turning her attention to the upstairs level, where a stronger man seemed to reside it.

She chuckled and jumped on the second level, following the aura into a room at the end of the hallway, where loud moans reached her ears.

❝His subordinates are dying and he is fucking someone? Way to go. ❞Yu An laughed and kicked the door open with her foot, breaking the door into pieces and making the two love birds scream startled.

❝Who the fuck are you?! ❞the man asked, getting up and putting a robe over his naked body.

The woman on the other hand, was shaking in fear, afraid of Yu An's intentions.

❝You're the bandit leader? ❞Yu An asked looking bored at the man in front of her.

❝Who's asking? ❞the man asked reaching for his sword.

❝So the answer is yes. Your subordinates are dead downstairs. ❞Yu An said, turning her head to look in the hallway.

Some painful screams and bone crushing sounds could still be heart, making the leader widen his eyes.

❝Who are you? ❞he asked jumping to attack Yu An, making the woman on the mattress shout and cover her eyes.

Yu An dodged his attack easily, making him hit the wall behind her instead. The man turned around and swung his swords to cut Yu An over her chest, but his blade was caught by a black dense mist of demonic energy.

❝A demonic cultivator?! ❞the man exclaimed and jumped back to create distance between him and Yu An.

❝Scared? ❞Yu An giggled and played with the black mist, getting her fingers through it while keeping her dangerous eyes on the leader.

❝What do you want from me?Money? ❞the man said hoping he can pay to save his life.

❝Money, huh? No, I simply want to play with you. ❞Yu An said walking closer to him in a slow peace that taunted the man who backed up until his back hit the wall.

❝Don't kill me! ❞ he said raising his hands in the air, giving up on his will to fight.

❝You've tortured the people of this kingdom for power and money and now you're begging me not to kill you? ❞Yu An stopped in front of the man smiling.

Sounds of rushed footsteps gave hope to the scared man, only for it to be crushed soon.

Entering the door were his subordinates corpses, now controlled by Yu An. She commanded them to eat the leader alive.

❝No! Please, ARGH! ❞ear piercing screams that scared the entire street escaped the man's mouth.

Yu An looked at the petrified woman on the floor and leaned over, touching her shoulder.

❝Dress up and get out of here. I have no bussines with you. ❞Yu An winked at the woman and left the room reuniting with Xiao who took the liberty to take some treats that laid around.

❝Good job. ❞Yu An said patting the boy's head with a smile on her face.

Xiao blushed and smiled.

❝Let's find that tribe now. ❞Yu An said walking out, ignoring all the stares from the people who heard the terrifying screams that came from the inn.

The two made their way towards the dark mountain. Yu An stopped and looked behind.

❝Something is weird. ❞ she said having a weird feeling.

❝The barrier closed. ❞the familiar voice of a certain demon ringed in her head confirming her suspicion.

❝It closed? How is that possible?Fucking shit, amazing. ❞Yu An snapped irritated that such a thing happened.

❝I'm not sure. Troublesome. ❞the demon said clearly not enjoying the situation either.

Xiao looked at Yu An feeling anxious that they may be stuck here for a longer time and he can't return to his sister as promised.

Yu An sighed.

❝Let's finish our bussines first. ❞she decided, walking on the dark path searching for the location of the tribe.