39. I Can't help

AARON

"You okay?", I asked Alex who fixed his bow tie for the 12th time in front of the mirror.

"No I'm not. It's my wedding today!", he said.

"You're acting as if she's going to leave you on the aisle.", I rolled my eyes.

"Alexy, you know what, get a few shots.", Dylan said.

"Hell no! I won't let my sister kiss a drunk groom on her wedding.", I objected.

"It's Rae who has to kiss him, not you. Come on, it builds confidence.", Sir Dylan advised.

"No thanks Dylan.", Alex said.

"I am just trying to help.", Dylan said.

"Things are much better when you don't.", I deadpanned.

Next moment, Amelia entered our dressing room and made her way to us.

"God, you look so stunning babe.", Dylan complimented her.

"I know honey. And Hey Mr. Groom, everything alright?"

"Yeah.", Alex replied in a bored tone.

"Then why is your face looking like an 'un-pealed' potato?"

"Quite a metaphor, I must say.", Dylan chuckled, while Alex narrowed his eyes at them.

All of a sudden, I felt a hard punch on my face, that tilted my head to right. And people say men are abusive!

Now what did I do to make her punch me?

"What was that for?", Dylan asked wide-eyed.

"This is for being an asshole! My Lett is upset. All because of him. I can't see her like this anymore.", she said.

"I'm ready to forget her. I've made up my mind to stop troubling her anymore. What else do you want?", I said.

"That is what I don't want dumbass. She still loves you and you're giving up. Although you are the most arrogant, narcissist and mean bastard... yet you are the best match for her... to tell her she doesn't have to face the world alone."

"She is right Aaron. Please don't give up that easily.", Dylan added. I didn't say a word, just looked at the shining floor. The three eyes on me were piercing my soul.

I'm not changing my mind. Forgetting her would be best for both of us.

"Let him be guys. It's his and Lett's choice. We are no one to say.", Alex said rolling his eyes.

"Both my friend and you are idiots. Go ruin your lives. I don't care.", Amelia hissed at me.

"Uh... you know guys, yesterday Jacob taught me how to change a baby's diaper.", and here... Dylan is up to lighten our moods.

"Good for you", Alex said, "Now all you need is a baby to practice. Go you both, get one."

"Or... he could practice it on a niece or a nephew, right Uncle Alex?", Amelia said grinning.

"Even if I'll have one, I'll make sure to keep my baby away from you, or you'll teach him how to irritate me.", Alex said looking at Dylan.

"By the way, why are you here?", Alex asked Amelia.

"To piss you both.", she replied with a smirk.

"Okay, you successfully did your job, now get out.", Alex said.

"I expected it from either of you.", she said in a 'duh' tone.

"Baby, I'm sorry for their rude behavior.", the lover boy said.