39

Next Day

Kailani's eyes fluttered open, feeling Breezy staring at her

"I wanna talk to you baby." He played with her hair, and she nodded, getting out of his bed.

"Shit." She groaned, the lower half of her body sore.

Chris chuckled, picking her up, carrying her to the bathroom and she laughed.

"Thank you." She said once she finished brushing her teeth, and he nodded.

They sat back in his bed, and Kailani looked at him.

"We can't do this Kailani." He said, and she met eyes with him.

"You can't do yourself like this. I'm telling you, you don't want me, you just wanted some dick to take your pain out on." He chuckled, and she sighed.

"It wasn't like that Reece. I promise I'm not just using you for dick." She frowned, rubbing his face as she sat in his lap.

"I know it ain't your intentions. But we need to be friends again, Ight? Just friends. You can't be kissing on me and shit, I'm not a toy. I'm grown, I don't play like that. I like you, but you not for me mama." He told her, and she wiped her face.

"I'm sorry." She sniffed, hugging his neck and he smiled.

"It's good loser. I'll still fuck you whenever he ain't acting right." He whispered in her ear, and she laughed making him smile.

She held his face, looking up at him.

She softly pecked his lips, before bringing him in for a real kiss.

"I'm sorry Maurice." She mumbled against his lips, and he nodded.

"We good baby." He said, and she smiled.

"You love me?" She asked, rubbing under his eye, and he slowly nodded, biting his lip.

"I love you." She mumbled, and he smiled.

She did have love for him, but not in a relationship way. She felt bad, but she and him both knew Kentrell had her heart, whether she liked it or not.

He kissed her again, before pulling away.

"Fuck, I'm lowkey jealous that you ain't mine." He chuckled, and she laughed.

"Gone and go talk to him though. You can come over soon if you want. Spend a few days with him though, y'all need it. You can tell y'all really do love each other, y'all just don't know how to handle each other yet." He shrugged, and she nodded.

"Thank you Maurice. For everything. It meant a lot, and I'm sorry if I, you know, led you on. I still wanna be besties." She cheesed, and he laughed.

"You know it ain't nothing girl. We can be whatever you want. Now gone, text me when you make it home." He pecked her lips, and she smiled, getting off of him.