7. Nothing

He's so persistent, he can not take a hint

He's a bastard, a Greek god sculptured bastard his hair is long and dark, his eyes holding secrets I want to unfold, the small scar on his cheekbone that I want to learn more about, how his teeth are perfectly straight and his smile holds prominent manly dimples but his looks don't excuse his actions.

Everything he flirts I remind myself of that countless times he tried to kill me.

"He tried to kill you Delaynie.' The voice in my head spoke when I would almost give in to him.

Right now I'm driving the car to visit the the spy's sister, in a matter of minutes I learnt that his name was Alex and him and his sister were orphaned when he turned 15. Her name was Isabella. He had raised her, heartwarming really but then again he's working with Aleksandro.

Aleksandro traffics women, rapes them, rapes children, forces them to do unspeakable things.

"How far is it?" He asks, I ignore his voice and begin to call Lydia. The phone connects to my car and I place it down on the console.

"Miss Falcone, how can I help you?" Her voice speaks out.

"Hiya Lydia, can you just make sure you feed Bear, I don't want him getting hungry."

"Of course, anything else?"

"No that's all thank you." We exchange goodbyes and cut off the line.

"Okay so let's play a game." He suggests whilst I spin the wheel on my car.

"It's really astounding that your nearly a mob boss but you act like a fucking teenager, I don't know how the Italians will last with you in charge." I tut, sounding harsher than I needed to.

"God you're a real bitch you know that? I could shoot you right now." He threatens, I let out a low laugh.

"Awh, did I hurt the great Drystan Calibans feelings? Even if you do that, your killing yourself aswell as me." I remind him, keeping my eyes on the road as I speed down the roads, he stays quiet throughout the rest of the drive and we arrive at Isabella house.

I walk out of my car and shut the door behind me, locking it and shoving the key in my pocket, I walk up to the door and knock on it twice.

Drystan's presence is beside me, the smell of his cologne fills my nose. It was a mix of vanilla and oak. Both opposites to each other, vanilla being sweet and soothing, the other scent being smoky and like firewood.

The door opens and a black haired woman stands, she looked a few years younger than her brother. "Hi, I'm Darcia, this is Grayson. Friends of your brothers, may I come in?" She takes a few steps back and opens the door further.

"Of course." She smiles and we enter her house, she leads us to her living room and tells us to sit on her couch.

"So, Ya'll are a cute couple, how do you know Alex?" She asks me.

"No we aren't a couple, we met in work." My first words came out with disgust but I shrug it off.

"Tea?" I shake my head.

"We'll just be off in a few minutes, did Alex ever talk about someone called Aleksandro?" Her face holds a slight surprised expression.

"That was his boss, he didn't talk much about his business. Only sometimes giving me an address of where he's going."

"Okay cut the shit. Tell us what you know about him." Drystan snaps and I glare at him in annoyance.

"Sorry about him, he has a few issues. Anger, outbursts, a weird thing for feet." I say and she nods slowly.

"He didn't speak much about Aleksandro, he would always meet him in the same place though. A nightclub, 'Renders' a few blocks down from here." I pull out my phone and search it.

"Thank you, that'll be all. Your brother was a good man, shame he's dead." With that I stand up and walk out of her house, Drystan following me and shutting the door.

He pulls my arm and pushes me against the brick wall, he places a hand beside my head and his head dips down. Our foreheads millimetres apart, our noses practically touching.

"Do you hate me that much that you can't stand the thought of us being together?" He asks sternly, I couldn't help the tingles that take over my body when he was this close to me, the heat that radiates me when our lips are inches apart.

He tried to kill you Delaynie.

"What is wrong with you? Why would I want to be with you Caliban. God, you think you can try fucking kill me. You tried to kill me! Fifty times! And expect me to just fall in love with you? God, you're more delusional than I thought." I spit out pushing him away from me and pulling out my phone, starting the directions to the club.

"Are you coming or what?" I whirl my head backwards, his face being inches away from mine. His eyes sparking with something I've never seen before. He holds my head with his hands and crashes his lips onto mine, as if the world froze with our lips colliding. His movements slow, passionate. I kiss him back, for a few moments.

He tried to kill you Delaynie.

I pull away from him and wipe my mouth. "Tell me you didn't feel anything. Tell me you didn't want more." He orders, plead in his grey eyes.

"Just like every other kiss I've had." I shrug.

I lied, the kisses I've received and given with others were meaningless, not as passionate as with Drystan. This was slow, heartfelt, time stopping, left me wanting to kiss him for all eternity. It left me never wanting to part from him.

"You think every woman who lays eyes on you falls for you right then and there" I did a little. "Well newsflash! There's not one thing about you that interests me Caliban. Not one thing." Everything he did left me wanting more.

He doesnt speak for a few seconds, minutes, hours I don't know. "Let's go to the club." He says coldly, his eyes back to being hard. The small spark I has seen burried deep down.

I feel little remorse for him, if I showed him the small ounce of me that cared he would break it, tear it down. Tear me down until I was empty.

He would only break me.

That's what men like him do, powerful men who think they have the world at their feet. Men who think they control everything, then what's left for the women? The power I give him, if I carry on kissing him, making out with him, starting to develop a liking for him, he takes away my power.

It's almost like a twisted game of tug-of-war, if I allow him to do certain things he strips me of my power.

No it's not greed, it's wanting to keep the power that few woman possess.

*********

Idk about this chapter.

Word count 1198*