chapter fifty: bravery or foolishness?

The three members of CODE stare worriedly at their usually vivacious main vocal who turns serious and silent as she scrolls through her phone- reading the many articles or 'scandals' gossiping about her and Haechan's dinner date.

CODE MOON × NCT HAECHAN; BRAVE OR
FOOLISH?

ROOKIE IDOL, MOON OF CODE, RECEIVES
BACKLASH FOR SEEMINGLY 'GOING OUT'
WITH NCT HAECHAN, A FAMOUS,
EXPERIENCED IDOL

HOT AND RISING ROOKIE IDOL, MOON FROM
CODE WAS SEEN HAVING DINNER WITH
NCT HAECHAN. NETIZENS FIND THEIR
INTERACTION ADORABLE

CODE'S MOON AND NCT'S HAECHAN IS
THE NEW TRENDING 'SHIP' WITH PEOPLE
MAKING HASHTAGS BASED ON THEM
#RELATIONSHIPGOALS

  As always, public views are divided. Some cheering while some mourning and raging.

  "Moon-ah... Are you okay?" Daia, the dancing queen of the group, slowly and cautiously asks the girl.

  Eunwol lifts her head up and a grin stretches. "Yup! Why wouldn't I be?"

  Yena pats her shoulder. "Wol, if you need anyone to talk to, we're here."

  "Thanks," the said girl says before the beeping of their door's lock fills the room. "Ah, looks like manager-nim is here."

  Just as she said, their manager walks in and Moon dumps her cleared bowl of cereal into the sink.

  "Moon, about your live session today," Yonghua, their manager, starts and Moon nods.

  "Yeah, I remembered. Let me just get my stuff first and, I'll go down to the private cafe room for the live," the idol responds and rushes to her bedroom.

  Her manager watches as she dashes back out with her bag. "Are you sure you want to have this live today? The articles..."

  Yena, Haemi and Daia whip their heads to their manager. They don't like how he's bringing the topic up like Wol's done a criminal act.

  In all honesty, they think she should just go for the live.

  And Moon seems to think the same when during wearing her shoes, she asks, "What about them?"

  "Well, considering the sudden situation due to them, it might be better that we postpone today."

  Moon stands backfacing him. "...No. I will go on with the live. I'll disappoint the fans who were anticipating for it."

  "Butㅡ"

  The idol swivels. "Manager-nim. The reason I lost my job before was because of issues exactly like this and I wasn't even an idol then. I didn't do anything wrong either yet, I was called many horrible names.
  "I had to sell my house because I couldn't afford it only to come back because I missed this place and the people too much. And, in order to be able to stay here, I passed the audition to be a trainee so I could live in a dorm."

  They all stare at her and they're uncertain whether it's because of the actress vibes or because it's her honest heart she's pouring out but, the aura she emanates is passionate, unwavering and strong.

  These qualities disable them from uttering anything.

  "I've been through this before. I practically grew from it. So, if you think I'm gonna let it step on me again, you're wrong," Eunwol claims sternly and swivels to meet the worried gaze of her manager.
"I will have this live session. Besides, I'm curious of what juicy articles can they come up with from me having a simple live. Probably, call me brazen or maybe, shameless."

  She shrugs and her teammates, especially, the tough maknae, Haemi, cheers silently and gives the 'fighting!' fist as Eunwol walks out the door with their manager tailing behind.