46

A shaky breath left her lips before she groaned in discomfort. Mei's eyes snapped open as her head was threaded with some sort of ache. She brought her hands up, feeling her wet face.

Her once blurry eyes cleared as she twisted her head taking in her surrounding. A simple wooden desk sat beneath a curved lamp, a mirror covered the wall in front of it. Books and books stacking atop of one another.

"You okay?" A deep voice asked from beside her.

She let her eyes flutter shut as she inhaled a deep breath. Her heart pumping in her chest harder as her thoughts came flooded in about what she had dreamt.

"Absolutely." She answered as a broad smile stretched her lips skywards. Allowing her eyes to flick open in a single heartbeat.

Mei leaped into Corpse's chest as he grunted in surprise because of the sudden pressure she had tossed onto him. He let out a laugh in amusement, causing his glazed eyes to close before opening them and finding Mei's.

"Were you crying?" His words were gentle and sweet. He brought a hand up and cupped a side of her face, brushing away the wet liquid that stained her face. His touch sent thousands of her blood cells pulsing faster and harder in her veins.

She shrugged. "Bad dream." The words came out in a whisper as she leaned into his touch. He straightened his back on the frame of the bed.

Pressing a kiss into her hair. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, his voice laced with immense concern but she simply shook her head with a small smile. And instead of speaking verbally she embraced him, straddling his lap. He responded quickly and held her.

His brows narrowed, a bolt of worry struck him ruthlessly. "That bad?" He asked softly, taking her hand in his and tightening the grip he had on her waist. His thumb brushing against her palm in circular motions.

"It's just a dream." Mei rolled her eyes, swiftly getting over what she had seen. "There's no use in being upset over something that isn't even real." She spoke, reassuring herself and Corpse at once. She planted her hands onto his chest, pushing away from him.

Her onyx eyes caught onto his dark ones in a tick of a clock and she ceased in place. Lips only a few inches apart but none of them advanced forward to meet mouths.

"Hi." She murmured, wrapping her arms and legs around him.

A small smile peaked from his mouth.

"Hi." He replied even softer than her.

Silence fell upon the loving pair. Gazing at one another in absolute awe. But before any of them could live out their desires a shrill cry sounded from the room next door.

They both inhaled a sharp breath.

The crying continued, Mei parted her lips.

"It's your turn with Clementine." She patted his chest thrice before rising off of him. He stayed in place, tilting his head up and shutting his eyes. His dark hair fell back as he took in a slow breath.

"Corpse." Mei spoke sternly. He opened his eyes in a split second, looking distressed. She laughed lightly as he stood up.

"You're lucky I work at home." He muttered

"I am lucky." She agreed with a mischievous grin before sending him a quick wink. "Good luck."

And Corpse had no choice but to obey, Mei had to focus on her new job. Streaming didn't turn out to be for her so now she was living out her dream.

Corpse smiled to himself. "Clementine." He whispered beneath his breath, pushing the door back.