12: The Winner Takes it All

Warning! This is an ANGST - I found it so hard to write and was sat at my laptop crying as I typed... yeah, it's angsty... (also mentions of KiriBaku, sorry fi you don't ship them!)

Note: And yes, it is named after the ABBA song, fight me.

Requested bysondercoyfish

Quirk: Plant Growth

- Todoroki's POV -

As soon as we had finished I knew I had utterly messed up. Even during I wanted to stop but she kept on going. I had told her to leave straight after the incident, her attempting to stay but I was adamant, particularly when she tried to say she was better than (y/n). Even just thinking about (y/n) now hurt my heart. I had been with her for three years, we were living together but in the past hour I had taken her loyalty and love for granted and did the scummiest thing I could - I slept with Yaoyorozu.

My head in my hands as I sat at my desk after Yaoyorozu left, I glanced at the picture of (y/n) and I that was sat on my desk, followed by the sofa Yaoyorozu and I had just had sex on. I loved (y/n) with all my heart and I had no idea how I had ended up in a situation such as that with Yaoyorozu. My heart was breaking at my infidelity, at my cowardice, and I was already terrified of (y/n) finding out and leaving me.

I decided to head home but as I reached our shared apartment my whole body began trembling with nerves. I stepped into our open plan apartment, and just seeing her on the other side of the room in front of a pot of boiling noodles broke my heart. How could I have been so reckless and stupid? "Shoto! You're home! Food will be ready soon-,"

"I need to take a shower," I said quickly, shocking (y/n) with my tone and darting quickly towards the bathroom. Whilst the water fell onto me I looked down at my body, remembering the way I was touched merely an hour before. Perhaps it was because we had been together for three years, perhaps it was because she's the only girlfriend I've ever had, perhaps I felt as though there wasn't enough excitement in our relationship and that's what drove me to infidelity, but as soon as I saw (y/n) stood in that kitchen with a smile on her face, cooking food for the two of us I realised just how much I truly loved her.

- (y/n)'s POV -

"Shoto are you okay? You're acting strange," I chuckled, the two of us eating the food I'd prepared for us. He had come out of the shower a few moments ago, and I thought his eyes were a little red but it may have just been due to the hot water.

"I'm fine... thank you for the food (y/n), it's delicious," he said suddenly, shocking me.

"You don't have to be so formal Shoto," I laughed, scooting round to his side of the table and snuggling up against him. He seemed to stiffen at my action, before he quickly but his bowl and chopsticks down, then wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"I really do love you (y/n)," he whispered lovingly, burying his head in my neck. I was slightly confused by his sudden intimacy but I didn't refuse it and instead hugged him back just as tight.

"I love you too, idiot."

- Timeskip -

My best friend Katsuki Bakugou and I had known each other since we were young. I was among the only people who could put him in his place, and it seemed as though he respected me for it. He was very protective over me also, almost like a brother, so when Shoto and I first got together Katsuki warned him that if he hurt me, he'd hurt him. It was an empty threat though, as Katsuki knew that if he hurt my boyfriend, I'd get very angry with him.